Where Do You See Yourself?

liamjordan

I dunno mate, were tree cutters, I found it all quite funny, actually did laugh out loud a bit. Mike's from a culture where hunting is normal, you can walk out your back yard and shoot a deer if you want where he comes from, no licences no nothing.

Oh i get that, shooting a deer, which by the way the human body is most evolved to deal with as a meat, at least european physiologies, red meat i mean, fish is obvious too.

But to condone, or even find amusment in killing a HIGHLY inteligent Mammal that has a more complex vocabulary than ours just stinks of ignorance.

Chimps, Cetaceans and humans, are the only mammals/animals, to recognise their own reflections.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i missed that, see whta happens tony when i am not here, it all goes to pot. I did find the comments funny though, no whales were injured in the discussion so ts ok. To me a heart beat is a heart beat, whether is a tiny midgie you squash on your arm or a whale getting harpooned, the end result is the same, the beastie gets dead. I have grown up around hunting and farming, so i am used to it. I dont do it myself but i do enjoy my food. today i have eaten smoked salmon, sardines, prawns, chicken, aswell as baked potatoes, beans , cheese, brown bread and some porridge but that doesnt count in this thread now, it was all delicious. That salmon could have been a member of mensa but i couldnt care when its covered in lemon juice entering my mouth. If you eat food that has had any sort of relationship with a mechanical engine from coming out the ground to delivery to the shop and drive a car or work a saw then you are a hypocrit not YOU tony, but everyone who bangs on about saving the planet.

Man the prawn and chicken stir fry was good tonight.

Tom the harpoon guy from Troon used to kick about off largs, it was a huge harpoon mate

Oh i get that, shooting a deer, which by the way the human body is most evolved to deal with as a meat, at least european physiologies, red meat i mean, fish is obvious too.

But to condone, or even find amusment in killing a HIGHLY inteligent Mammal that has a more complex vocabulary than ours just stinks of ignorance.

Chimps, Cetaceans and humans, are the only mammals/animals, to recognise their own reflections.

Perhaps the Whales extensive Vocabulary is in fact its downfall?

If a Pod of Whales is discussing a escape strategy,then surely that plan can be picked up by underwater microphones,translated using Google and the Ships course altered accordingly?

Whales don't have Google,nor fingers to type.And obviously computors won't function underwater.

Plus,there is no Electricty untill the Harpoon hits them,by then it too late anyway.

for the record, i thoroughly enjoyed the whale last week, if you like red meat, i'd highly recommend it, especially with peppercorn sauce- mike that was a stroke of genius:thumbup: its important to embrace other cultures when youre on their turf, tonight ive to decide wether to have reindeer, or moose for tea, no joke!

on countryfile, a few months back, they proved that sheep can recognise faces of their friends, and also recognise emotions, i actually wonder wether its better to kill 1 whale to feed many thousands, or hundreds of sheep?

back on topic, if you had asked me this question 6 weeks ago, id have said in 1 year, my own uk buisness-those that know me know i had one 90% set up ready to go in a months time, today, id say contract climbing in another country, anywhere but the uk, stress and hassle free

oh and in refrence to the eat pollock instead of cod, this should balance fishy ying and yang out, one pollock freshly plucked out of a norwegian fjord 7 days ago:001_smile:

597655e29ccd1_joshfishing.jpg.81701aed4906ea58cc842455dc9d6128.jpg

In ten years time I will have secured funding to set up my charity which will supply and build canopy access facilities for comunity projects in developing countries. We will build temporary research centres, ziplines and canopy veiwing platforms and train local staff to use them in return for not felling forested areas and replanting wildlife corridors between neighbouring comuntity projects. I'd be doing this now if it wasn't for the recession