Guestimate for a job.

njc110381

A customer of mine is after having four 70' conifers removed. He wants the brush chipped/taken away (they're quite dense) and the bottoms of the trunks are about 2' round. He's had a quote from a tree surgeon of £5k, which to be honest seems a little steep to me? What do you guys think?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All depends on targets, the drag, and that will be a fair few loads of chip to. There are lots of things for us to take into concideration when pricing a job. If hes not happy with the quote hes recieved, get some more quotes :thumbup1:

It could be the tree surgeon dosnt particually want the job, horrible conifers! So put a higher price on it.

I'll take some pictures of them when I'm there next. I forgot to add that price was to drop them and stack it. He's had three quotes, all similar cost and none could chip it!

They are big trees. I get the feeling he may have asked the small time traders to look and a transit tipper and 6" tow behind would be there a week dealing with that lot! It needs a serious setup, maybe Mog or lorry and large trailer.

The other day, three of us did two 60' connys, in one day.

both were felled in one (apart from a few bits on one, to get rid of weight on the wrong side) small distance to drag, the chip filled up 2 and a half transit tippers. logged it all up into 12" rings/logs and left on site.

So, as others said, 5k seems a bit steep (based on our job anyway). that would be around 10 days for us!