Knee problems

Andy Collins

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andy,

Look on the positive side, as well as storng bones n teeth you'll have a luverly coat too...CRUFTs here you come!

Joking apart, hope you find something to ease the pain, I also take CLO 'straight' form the bottle (impressed...'am well arrd!') but haven't for past coupla weeks as run out n no time to get to supermarket for replacement suplies n joints r aching lots.

Tc mate.

Paul

hi Andy , as well as taking suplements it may well be worth seeing a fittnes trainer and getting some exercises to build your core strength in your legs , often the bigger muscles develop far greater than the smaller and often more important muscles , this was the case when i dislocated my shoulder the third time , the exercises would be simple and easy enough to do at home with verry little cost . Hope this helps mate

stretch off those legs andy, too much time at a desk wearing heels shortens the lower leg muscles, making walking agonising for thousands of female secreteries around the world, not saying you are wearing heels while on Arbtalk, but get yourself to the ostio path and get checked out, i went out with a girl who had the same problem, 3 sessions with an ostio path and a change of footwear and she was sorted.

stretch off those legs andy, too much time at a desk wearing heels shortens the lower leg muscles, making walking agonising for thousands of female secreteries around the world, not saying you are wearing heels while on Arbtalk, but get yourself to the ostio path and get checked out, i went out with a girl who had the same problem, 3 sessions with an ostio path and a change of footwear and she was sorted.

its not just the heels that will cause you troubel andy , if your stockings are too tight im prety sure that it will help to problems , any way what the hell are you doing wearing high heels, stockings and chainsaw chaps for ???:laugh1:

Loose weight.............:001_tt2:

That's actually a good shout. I've had knee probs for a few years now, and one of the suggestions my physio made was to keep my weight down.

I was less enamored by his comment that the human body is only designed to last 40 yrs so it was only to be expected. Swimming and cycling were also recommended as the best way to build strength without undue stress on the knee.

Regards glucosamine, both the Doc and Physio insisted that it was snake oil, but if it works for you then give it a whirl. Whatever you do, don't have an op. unless it's the last resort.

Mines an early stage arthritic problem and depends a lot on the weather. As you correctly identify, the nature of the work catches up with you eventually. With some people it's their back, with others it's the knees, but the wear and tear get you in the end.

I sympathise, so all the best.:001_smile:

Superdrug do a very good combined Glucosamine, Chondroitin and Cod Liver Oil capsule which seems to work for me, and is very often on a BOGOF or similar. The losing weight idea is also very good. When I started doing this, I dropped a fair bit just through getting more exercise and my knees seemed a lot better than previously. Hope this helps Andy. :001_smile: