is a flyer drop worth the effort

phil28

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've delivered 100 in the past and got 5 jobs from that, then I've had 5000 delivered and picked up 2 jobs. Luck of the draw is what I'd say.

when YOU deliver them they ALL get delivered, when you HAVE them delivered, trust me, been there done that.

When i started out i spent a week leafleting a good area, never had time to do it again, i was flying cos of the flyers.

my dad (diff indurstry to us) tells me that you get an average 1 enquiry per 100 leaflets- 1% response rate.

just as a matter of interest, he also tells me of a theory where a business- any business, industry, whatever- needs 100 customers per year to survive.

100 cusomers per year and you're sorted apparently, this includes refferals, regulars, one offs or whatever.

chris

my dad (diff indurstry to us) tells me that you get an average 1 enquiry per 100 leaflets- 1% response rate.

just as a matter of interest, he also tells me of a theory where a business- any business, industry, whatever- needs 100 customers per year to survive.

100 cusomers per year and you're sorted apparently, this includes refferals, regulars, one offs or whatever.

chris

Any business at all can survive on 100 customers a year? He cant literally mean any business can he!

After all jobs on the domestic side . We always drop at least 4 leaflets off to nearby houses . Then people can at least see your work . Ive put my prices up and still I,m getting work . Still not as busy as the last few years . To me its part n parcel of day to day work . If youve got leaflets or business cards in your van then they are not working for you . Dont let them rot in ya van hand em out we always give 2,3 away as there no good in ya van .

In the modern age its all about web presense, even the oldies google.

This week we have had 17 enquiries for BS5837 reports all from google/yahoo direct searches.

As already stated leaflet drops can really work if done weel and thought into areas etc, i have a few list that illustrate areas by disposable income etc, really good.

If leaflets etc dont work why do all these big companies use them, afterall one big hit out of 500 will more than pay for itself