How many trailers can you tow?

ukminch

if towing 2 with a tractor 1 has to be empty

atleast that was the rules

it allows farmers to tow a trailer and implement such as forage harvester and trailer or bailer and trailer

i'm not sure what the rules would be if you did something like put a pick up hitch on a 3 point linkage chipper i think this would be different

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a show mans rule really rubbish rules :( do people know all the trailers got to have proper manurfactering plates on them ! This applies for all trailers and i think its even a 3 point fine . Another rubbish rule is that you can have over 7.5 tone lorry drive it on a car licence and use it on a car mot , as long as you have a fridge with exhaust and a oven with a chimney ! Weird !

its a show mans rule really rubbish rules :( do people know all the trailers got to have proper manurfactering plates on them ! This applies for all trailers and i think its even a 3 point fine . Another rubbish rule is that you can have over 7.5 tone lorry drive it on a car licence and use it on a car mot , as long as you have a fridge with exhaust and a oven with a chimney ! Weird !

Only if you've passed your test before '97.................

if towing 2 with a tractor 1 has to be empty

atleast that was the rules

it allows farmers to tow a trailer and implement such as forage harvester and trailer or bailer and trailer

i'm not sure what the rules would be if you did something like put a pick up hitch on a 3 point linkage chipper i think this would be different

Our Kwick Chip has a clevis hitch on the frame. How you'd put a trailer on it and keep it level when you pick the chipper up i'll never know.

You CAN tow a chipper behind another trailer as long as the first trailer is articulated, i,e, with a fifth wheel or supporting pivot, not a towball.

If you want to class a towing vehicle as a showmans, you can get away with allsorts, all you need to do is permanenetly fix a generator to it. You also get free road tax too!

Feel free to enter into the world of unkowns though when VOSA pull you