Hamas big reduction/pruning thread!

May I ask how much experience you have in the field? More often than not, a Reduction is the last life line a tree has when a person decides it's blocking out too much sunshine! And seeing as people are so nonchalant about cutting trees down, I believe managing trees in THIS way IS the future if we are to enjoy mature trees that aren't in a woodland!

Have you a link to more information on ' Pruning trees to death'? I'd like to read more about that...?

good post:thumbup1:

that was a great job maj:thumbup1:, it just got sidetracked for a bit, that bloke cant spout that rubbish without a reply!:lol:

Totally agree hama ,But I can't even be bothered to argue.. From what your experience of dealing with trees I thought I'd leave it with you as it wound me up too much!!

that was a great job maj:thumbup1:, it just got sidetracked for a bit, that bloke cant spout that rubbish without a reply!:lol:

Cheers hama,:thumbup1:

just glad i'm in between views.....but to take down without giving a reduction a thought! is not the way its just down right inconsiderate, bad tree management, false advice and un-professional ......

Re: Pruning Induced Stress

Please explain: why does a shedding, generating organism need pruning by us? And why has Aberystwyth lost 80 trees of not less than 4m canopy spread between 2006 and 2010?

Is it because narrow-minded ignorami like inexperienced little ole have me been up country too long and gone a bit Colonel Kurtz? Or is it because most people are so ignorant of and frightened by trees that well-meaning but naive and/or cynical 'tree surgeons' are trousering cash for work that doesn't need doing?

Please tell me: perhaps too much beer is making me thick as well as fat, bald, old, ugly, a QPR fan, etc, etc...

Experience? Go on: you first.

Cheers hama,:thumbup1:

just glad i'm in between views.....but to take down without giving a reduction a thought! is not the way its just down right inconsiderate, bad tree management, false advice and un-professional ......

funny isnt it, that you me and many many others agree and it makes good common sense, but on UKTC it is not unlike joes post, its frowned upon and its INSANE and UNSUSTAINABLE.

Please explain: why does a shedding, generating organism need pruning by us? And why has Aberystwyth lost 80 trees of not less than 4m canopy spread between 2006 and 2010?

Is it because narrow-minded ignorami like inexperienced little ole have me been up country too long and gone a bit Colonel Kurtz? Or is it because most people are so ignorant of and frightened by trees that well-meaning but naive and/or cynical 'tree surgeons' are trousering cash for work that doesn't need doing?

Please tell me: perhaps too much beer is making me thick as well as fat, bald, old, ugly, a QPR fan, etc, etc...

In your world do you have a big garden with your large in-pruned trees roaming free?

In my country trees grow over boundarys, get big quick because they are not natives, or.just get build on or right next too. Thats why there are so many of us serving the requests of the public. I'm certainly not knocking on doors advising people.that its time they had their trees trimmed.

The guys who posted those photos were showing good work excepted as best practice. They don't need to justify their experience to some anonymous person who would like people.to.call him big Joe

Your on rocky ground my friend, if you want to illustrate an alternative standpoint do so with a little more substance because contrary to popular belief the guys in this forum are far from " ignorant":001_smile: