DIY cambium saver?

RobRainford

is it possible for me to make my own adjustable cambium saver? i was thinking buy a 1.5m length of rope, buying some prussik material, a pulley and some metal rings. what would bet he best ropes to make this of?

How would be the best way to put this together? is this any good?

sort of like a cheap adjustable friction saver.

here is a very poor quality drawing example

customw.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you used a massive maillon and a small one it should still be retrievable from the ground?

thats what i was thinking, a big maillon on the left hand side and a pulley with a small gap, like a petzl fixe or something, as then i could just tie a knot in it and it would pull on the pulley and pop through the maillon, that was my aim anyway.

There was a thread on this a few months back Rob. Drew B had come up with something similar if I remember correctly.

Worth a search in Climbers talk?

i do remember that, ill have a look for that too, im sure his idea was similar

£35 job done!! :thumbup1:

Treeworker

ive seen that, but was looking for something like a pulley as its a lot smoother IMO. Maybe a crab with a pulley in would work too? as when the rope drops through the other loop it would ride on the pulley instead of a ring, plus i want to feel good about making my own stuff :thumbup:

Looks good but I could never get myself to trust those stitched eyes. Spliced would be good.

Im not a huge fan of stitched eyes either. Although some manufactuer's splices are a bit suspect IMO. Hand spliced all the way:biggrin: