Rigging Kit

RobRainford

A whoopie is length adjustable, so you can choke it off without tying any knots. If you're on a budget, learn to splice tenex. Its dead easy and you can make your own split tails much cheaper than you can buy double braid slings.

is the tenex the 3 strand rope?

How much is it to learn to splice? id love to learn how, and how would i then go about being a CE certified splicer? as then my splices would be LOLER passable correct?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is the tenex the 3 strand rope?

How much is it to learn to splice? id love to learn how, and how would i then go about being a CE certified splicer? as then my splices would be LOLER passable correct?

rigging does not need CE

tennex is hollowbraid not 3 strand

rigging does not need CE

tennex is hollowbraid not 3 strand

do splices come under any sort of regulation if ive done them myself? as learning to do so may help me in the future.

Ill have a look at how to splic that tennex, and see how i feel about it :)

i can tie a timberhitch, ive done some basic stuff but most of the system was set up by someone else.

Why is money so expensive.

some of this?

HB94 - Yale Double Esterlon Lowering Rope - 13mm

Yale Double Esterlon Lowering Rope - 13mm

i could go for a heavyweight pulley, i was thinking the lightweight one would suffice, but this stuff is worth investing in!

probably one of these if id go for one

HB91DA - Heavy Duty 16mm Small Pulley

Heavy Duty 16mm Small Pulley

ive got a budget of probably stretching to £250

your rope and pulley combination looks wrong to me

dose the 16mm pulley not need 16mm rope and vice versa

you need the correct bend ratio and size other wise you will loose strength in your system

The vice versa bit is correct, a 16mm rope need a 16mm (or larger pulley) but not the other way round.

13mm rope in 16mm pulley is fine, bend ratio would be greater than required of you use a bigger pulley, not smaller than required, so no worries.

You can put a 13mm rope through a 19mm pulley, no problems. Buying a 16mm pulley now makes sense as it means its there for the future, plus as far I know there isn't a 13mm block available??

The vice versa bit is correct, a 16mm rope need a 16mm (or larger pulley) but not the other way round.

13mm rope in 16mm pulley is fine, bend ratio would be greater than required of you use a bigger pulley, not smaller than required, so no worries.

You can put a 13mm rope through a 19mm pulley, no problems. Buying a 16mm pulley now makes sense as it means its there for the future, plus as far I know there isn't a 13mm block available??

its my understanding that the pulley should fit the rope otherwise the rope is as peter sais "flattened" which reduces its strength and cycles to failure

Someone on here was talking about too large a sheave causing flattening of the rope and potential weaking. Not too sure what the reasoning was though.

could that be heavy loading over a long period of time? i.e. lowering big pieces slowly and often, instead of more smaller pieces quickly?