ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

Ha ha. Already have mate. Bit of 8mm Prusick cord. Still overkill for him though!! Want to try to get him off the lead and used to it as much as possible though. Can't imagine there are many dags on this thread that don't have leads made out of old climbing rope!! haha:lol:

mine must be the exception then with baling twine! :blushing:

Hi all,

This is Beaney my 18month old female terrier type dog,

not sure what she is exactly as we got her at 10 month old from a client who found her in the forest. amazing temperament, and loves being around the trees and even knows to move a safe distance once the saws start up...except she loves to lick you ..:001_tongue:

a1sl6q.jpg

steve

166986_10150451093402074_653197073_8429676_1182928617_n.jpg

380947_10150439488660936_643025935_8770344_1749477166_n.jpg

399532_10150463287933372_513988371_8988314_2127965416_n.jpg

402000_10150440563308372_513988371_8871495_674464640_n.jpg

Picked him up a fortnight ago. He's got English and German pointer, Weimeramer and christ knows what else in him. He looked like a rottie for a couple of days, from his markings. Already got him sleeping on our bed and doing what the hell he wants. I need to stop being a pushover.

Hi all,

This is Beaney my 18month old female terrier type dog,

not sure what she is exactly as we got her at 10 month old from a client who found her in the forest. amazing temperament, and loves being around the trees and even knows to move a safe distance once the saws start up...except she loves to lick you ..:001_tongue:

a1sl6q.jpg

steve

Some Patterdale there, crossed with a Jack I reckon. Nice looking Terrier....:thumbup1:

Do you work him on roe? I remember an old school German telling me that you should only put a Hanoverian on boar & reds, as roe are too sweet (?) tasting and it will ruin the dog. Could be an old wives tale though :confused1: Nice beast anyway :)

Traditionally the HS would be used on Red and Boar, or when another stalker had tried a dog and failed. The HS would be expected to find the beast up to 2 days after it was shot or hit by a car. There often is no blood so they follow foot scent and ignore all other game and fresh tracks. The Germans doe not like to use them on Roe as they think they don't go far enough. In the Hirshman journal last year a HS tracked a Red after 24 hours 15 mile! I intend to use him on Red, Fallow, Roe, Muntjac and the odd Sika. We use our dogs totaly different to how they do on the continent remarkable dogs.