ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

My old one was fine with other dogs, this one is very exicitable but that's just because he's a pup.

They can be very stubborn dogs so let yours know who's boss at all times ! Never give them anything without making them work for it i.e. sit for a treat etc. Once all that is drummed in they are fine.

My last one was a dog and we had his knackers off it made no difference whatsoever to him temprement.

My old one was fine with other dogs, this one is very exicitable but that's just because he's a pup.

They can be very stubborn dogs so let yours know who's boss at all times ! Never give them anything without making them work for it i.e. sit for a treat etc. Once all that is drummed in they are fine.

My last one was a dog and we had his knackers off it made no difference whatsoever to him temprement.

Other little tricks help like:

Never let the dog shoot out of the house before you, you make him wait till you go out first.

Always pull him back away from the door when someone knocks and make him sit and wait before you open it. Do not let him come forward until you say.

Pulling on the lead, if he starts pulling on the lead soon as hes out of the door, turn round and go back, start again until he gets the message, it's you whos leading the hunt today.

Basic Amichien bonding teqniques establishing the heirachy. Simple but an absolute must.

last one sound like a handfull!

Meg was easy to discipline has a lovely temprement and is non-agressive. My staffie is excitable and i think she will need talking to before she gets any ideas. i picked a tan and white from the litter but the Mrs had the last say with the black and brindle, all lovely no complaints.

Exactly, from day one we started training Timber and some people thought it was a bit much but it's so worth it. We got Timber to sit wait while we walked out of the room, and fetch, sit etc after only three weeks! He's good as gold now, we even let him out while we doing pruning jobs etc, he just stays in cab for take downs.

last one sound like a handfull!

Meg was easy to discipline has a lovely temprement and is non-agressive. My staffie is excitable and i think she will need talking to before she gets any ideas. i picked a tan and white from the litter but the Mrs had the last say with the black and brindle, all lovely no complaints.

a realy good book to have a look at:- The dog listener byJan Fennell- foreword by Monty Roberts

anyone who owns a dog should read this book its about learning dog language. brilliant! i can talk dog!!!!:banghead: