Guess who got arrested this morning

eggsarascal

6 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Very lucky drunk in charge is normally a ban or big points and fine.

No it’s not, I’ve locked the keys away, I’m in my boxers and T shirt, I live in this camper and have no intention of driving until tomorrow. Sleeping in the back of a car might put you on stony ground, you don’t get a NFA if there’s a problem. If I was sat there with the keys in the ignition, that might be a different story.

Where does this suggestion to keep keys in an exterior box come from? What a stupid idea. Publicise to highwaymen that they can take their time on a break-in because the van can’t be driven away. And then once they’ve subdued the occupant, they know where to find the keys. 

I’ll be in a quiet lay-by later this week and then again the week after next. I might have a couple of beers before bed. The keys will be in my boot, next to my bed, next to my alsatian. Come and take them. 

1 minute ago, AHPP said:

Where does this suggestion to keep keys in an exterior box come from? What a stupid idea. Publicise to highwaymen that they can take their time on a break-in because the van can’t be driven away. And then once they’ve subdued the occupant, they know where to find the keys. 

I’ll be in a quiet lay-by later this week and then again the week after next. I might have a couple of beers before bed. The keys will be in my boot, next to my bed, next to my alsatian. Come and take them. 

No external box, safe box in the van. Same place as all important bits live, driving license, passport etc.

Gotcha. Steven P said base. I read underneath. Inside is considerably more sane. What a load of bollocks anyway though. You’re either driving or not. The clue is the van moving. And yet the law of England appears to have spent a thousand years evolving into a stupid game of who can really really really show that they really really really really times infinity plus one weren’t going to drive, no get backs, no returns. ****************ing pathetic. 

Edited by AHPP

3 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Gotcha. Steven P said base. I read underneath. Inside is considerably more sane. What a load of bollocks anyway though. You’re either driving or not. The clue is the van moving. And yet the law of England appears to have spent a thousand years evolving into a stupid game of who can really really really show that they really really really really times infinity plus one weren’t going to drive, no get backs, no returns. ****************ing pathetic. 

It’s bollox mate, but if you can show due diligence the old bill will find it hard to charge you, hence I walked today with a caution for the pot.

8 hours ago, AHPP said:

Yeah it was something along the lines of having the keys in your physical possession - in a pocket for example that could be suggested being in control (and likewise, in the ignition, perhaps having the motor running to charge the batteries). Have them stashed away somewhere like in a box and you are not in possession of them and then not in control of the vehicle - I don't think just throwing them in the glove box was the same... but never needed to work out the exact rules before though