Timberwolf 125 Honda gx630

Hi all I am new on here and just wondering if someone could please kindly help me so my Timberwolf 125 which has a Honda gx630 engine wouldn’t start so I called a mechanic he checked it over and said it’s one of the coil packs order one and I’ll come back and fit it so today while I was at work he come back fitted it and it started only problem is it won’t turn off by the key or emergency stop so basically I have paid for half a job any help would be much appreciated also will turning it off by the choke damage it? 

13 hours ago, Marktaylor92 said:

... also will turning it off by the choke damage it? 

Also interested in the answer to this, as I've been doing this on a much smaller machine for a while now! I might shuffle repairing the off switch higher up the To Do list... 

That's half a job. There's an implication that if you're being paid to make something run, you're also being paid to make it stop. Otherwise it's like buying a ladder you can climb up but not down.

• Like 1

Before we get hung up on the term mechanic, was this a mate or an actual business.

For one I'd cut a little slack but, didn't we have this a few weeks back being a fuse hidden under the switch mechanism allowing it to crank but not start ?

He was not a mate just a plant fitter/mechanic so I thought if he can fix a jcb you would like to think he could fix a tiny Honda engine I find it weird how the emergency stop button won’t even kill the engine such a shame really I thought he was a nice guy