Hitch cord recommendations

EdCuv

1 minute ago, EdCuv said:

Any suggestions on what hitch cord works well with Teufelberger tachyon rope? I've been using 10mm courant phoenix 90cm and it doesn't consistently cinch no matter what hitch I use. 

Its been a few years but I used to swear by this cord with Tachyon, 8mm version.

WWW.ROPELOCKER.CO.UK

Marlow Doublebraid RopeMarlow's braid on braid rope is the perfect all round polyester yacht rope. Sheets and halyards, control lines, up hauls and downhauls. Firm with a soft feel...

Have you tried a knut hitch? It may need an extra wrap or two. I use treehog 120cm, or 8mm/10mm Ocean cord that I spliced myself.

WWW.RADMORETUCKER.CO.UK

The Treehog eye to eye sling is a 10mm diamter hitch which is both grippy and heat resistant which are ideal for prussik cords and friction hitches...

Edited by kram

I've currently got some Ocean Polyester as I thought I'd try something more expensive, it's staying slippery.

The other stuff I use is Teufelberger Sirius accessory cord, little bit slippy at first but soon beds in really nice - or Yale Silverstreak which is slightly softer on the surface and grips nicely.

I don't have tachyon climbing rope though, so might not work for you but buy a few metres of each and try is the only way to find out really.

• 2 weeks later...

You may find 90 too long, I think I climb on a 70cm and it is great with a vt, I use courant and tachyon it also needs a good wear in to make it supple, try getting the cord wet and do a few descents to give it a bit of memory! 

• Like 1