Holzfformer G372XP

kram

5 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It’s not just China bashing.

If they produced a brand new design, with innovative features, and put it out at that price (or any price in fact) I’d be interested.

But they steal decades of research and work of other companies, by just copying.

I don’t really care that much you understand, buy what you like.

Yeah! As soon as I saw it I thought, "well that's just a cheap copy of my Sawdastmaschina 9000"

Still, if she goes, she goes.

6 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It’s not just China bashing.

If they produced a brand new design, with innovative features, and put it out at that price (or any price in fact) I’d be interested.

But they steal decades of research and work of other companies, by just copying.

I don’t really care that much you understand, buy what you like.

The flip side of that is Husqvarna designed a great saw in the 372xp, but have decided to no longer sell in in UK/Europe/US (although you can get it via a grey import)

I don't want an autotune chainsaw - but I don't really want a cheap imitation either!

57 minutes ago, scbk said:

The flip side of that is Husqvarna designed a great saw in the 372xp, but have decided to no longer sell in in UK/Europe/US (although you can get it via a grey import)

I don't want an autotune chainsaw - but I don't really want a cheap imitation either!

Get a 572.

I bought a 365 x-torq just before they stopped selling them in this country so I'm not needing to buy one anyway! But if I was I would go for the grey import 372.

I've never seen one of the chinese copies in real life. I wonder which would be better suited and longer lived for someone living up in the hills cutting their own firewood, an autotune or chinese copy? If they were able to buy a brand new genuine 365/372 it would last decades, without ever going near a dealership.

4 hours ago, scbk said:

The flip side of that is Husqvarna designed a great saw in the 372xp,

Many people say that. What made it a great saw? I ask because I have found several annoyances in the design and I did not enjoy todays task of swapping the petrol tank.

I have cocked something up as its not running now. Fires on choke and fast idle, then dies unless it gets full throttle. Bogs and dies with any touch of throttle.

My Echo 2511 and Still 020T, they are great saws, but I read that they can be a pain to work on. I have not needed to, yet.