Depression

eggsarascal

I’ve spoke about this before, I’ve suffered with this bastard for years, and it’s on me again, I can’t work it out, no proper reason to be down, but I am. I’m parked in one of nicest parts of the country, in my opinion, but it isn’t lifting me. It will pass, in time! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I’ve spoke about this before, I’ve suffered with this bastard for years, and it’s on me again, I can’t work it out, no proper reason to be down, but I am. I’m parked in one of nicest parts of the country, in my opinion, but it isn’t lifting me. It will pass, in time! 

Sorry to hear this Egger . Hope it does pass . Maybe you need to get laid ? 

7 minutes ago, doobin said:

Get out and about. Talk to people even though you feel you don't want to.

Two suicides in my local area last month, both 25. Men need to talk more. This is a good step.

That’s cheered me up no end.

2 minutes ago, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

Ask doctor for help ,it’s more or less but curable, it sound strange but sport helping me when I’m down  and ……my dog the most!

I never found the Doc to be much help, all they offered was pills (SSRI's like sertraline) which wasn't for me at the time, or a CBT course which I found to be quite patronising and largely just stated the obvious.

Agree with the rest though, being physically active helped slowly, and absolutely the dogs.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

or a CBT course which I found to be quite patronising and largely just stated the obvious.

Man, patronising doesn't even begin to cover it. What a joke.

"Have you tried just... not thinking about it? "

26 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

No, what does it do,

Helps with serotonin depletion. Definitely not a cure, but think of it as the first rung on a ladder that's just out of reach. The other rungs, as others are stating, are exercise, eating well,playing with the dogs etc... and, of course, tackling the root causes which, depending on the nature of your problems, might be absolutely bloody impossible. 

Oh well!

Edited by peds
  • Like 3