Help with saw.

4 minutes ago, scbk said:

Don't say that, this guy would go out to buy a skilsaw and come back with this: (and asking how it works)

1903895167_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.c4828d67546c56b5ca883aa51d8f329e.jpg

And then ask if a penny farthing is enough to power it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, scbk said:

Don't say that, this guy would go out to buy a skilsaw and come back with this: (and asking how it works)

1903895167_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.c4828d67546c56b5ca883aa51d8f329e.jpg

I've actually already got one of those complete with blade that I intend to use for a garden table 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Hobbylogger said:

I've actually already got one of those complete with blade that I intend to use for a garden table 🤣 

Look . The top and bottom of it is your big old Dolmar is collectable and worth money to the right person . Its a bit big and unwieldy for the purpose you want it for . If you were cutting/felling big timber or milling it would be ideal . Don't give it away and certainly don't swap it for the Shil Farm Boss ( and give the bloke £100 ) he will be robbing you . Keep it for what it is or sell it to a collector for the right money . In the mean time get a pallet wrecking bar or a cheap recip saw or circular saw or even a small chainsaw 35cc type of thing for your pallets .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Look . The top and bottom of it is your big old Dolmar is collectable and worth money to the right person .

Thankyou Stubby.

As a few have clicked (early on) I'm on the wind up egged on by a couple collaborators who will be annoyed I'm not keeping this going but I can't keep leading people on. 🤣

I brought the 166 by complete accident earlier in the week following the fairly major death of a Stihl 440 and me wondering around a bit mopey about it. (It's getting rebuilt at a stupid cost because its a bloody fantastic saw for the hideous work I do).

I almost didn't buy the dolmar. Namely because whilst I do like classic plant the reality is old petrol tools for work are bad news in general and when they go pop you have to throw them away..... I very nearly didn't buy the dolmar over £50 (genuinely I'm a idiot) but something drew me to it and it felt like a really soulful bit of kit.

Having foolishly purchased it I rang a former member of here that has a thing for oils  (Dartmoor logger from memory) who despite being in the prime position to give me £500 and take the saw (yes, yes I'm that naive) he didn't and has even had a quick look at it for me and got it tuned a treat.

I'm going to keep the 166 and take her to the odd show we occasionally frequent, I'll post a thread up sometime over the weekend with some better photos and the reasoning why I'm keeping it rather than cashing in on it. Might be a good thread, might be dull as. Your welcome to tell me your not interested and I can fk off, you know the drill.

Meanwhile (because good people should always get good karma) I'm giving my friend a old Johnston I had in the shed in the hopes he can get it running.  I may of rekindled his love for chainsaws with the visit of the 166 🤣

I hope the pantomime has provided some enjoyment. I'm off now to be moaned at by the others who have been trying to convince me to keep it going indefinitely.IMG-20240531-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.613cf8fbaf61398890cc63d99230e6aa.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Hobbylogger said:

Thankyou Stubby.

As a few have clicked (early on) I'm on the wind up egged on by a couple collaborators who will be annoyed I'm not keeping this going but I can't keep leading people on. 🤣

I brought the 166 by complete accident earlier in the week following the fairly major death of a Stihl 440 and me wondering around a bit mopey about it. (It's getting rebuilt at a stupid cost because its a bloody fantastic saw for the hideous work I do).

I almost didn't buy the dolmar. Namely because whilst I do like classic plant the reality is old petrol tools for work are bad news in general and when they go pop you have to throw them away..... I very nearly didn't buy the dolmar over £50 (genuinely I'm a idiot) but something drew me to it and it felt like a really soulful bit of kit.

Having foolishly purchased it I rang a former member of here that has a thing for oils  (Dartmoor logger from memory) who despite being in the prime position to give me £500 and take the saw (yes, yes I'm that naive) he didn't and has even had a quick look at it for me and got it tuned a treat.

I'm going to keep the 166 and take her to the odd show we occasionally frequent, I'll post a thread up sometime over the weekend with some better photos and the reasoning why I'm keeping it rather than cashing in on it. Might be a good thread, might be dull as. Your welcome to tell me your not interested and I can fk off, you know the drill.

Meanwhile (because good people should always get good karma) I'm giving my friend a old Johnston I had in the shed in the hopes he can get it running.  I may of rekindled his love for chainsaws with the visit of the 166 🤣

I hope the pantomime has provided some enjoyment. I'm off now to be moaned at by the others who have been trying to convince me to keep it going indefinitely.IMG-20240531-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.613cf8fbaf61398890cc63d99230e6aa.jpeg

You mopey old fanny - it’s only a saw!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, monkeybusiness said:

You mopey old fanny - it’s only a saw!

I will have you know that 440 is second only to my dog, she will be rebuilt at great expense and then immediately consigned to cutting railway sleepers and wood with bits of nail in again 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hobbylogger said:

Having foolishly purchased it I rang a former member of here that has a thing for oils  (Dartmoor logger from memory) 

I hope the pantomime has provided some enjoyment. I'm off now to be moaned at by the others who have been trying to convinIMG-20240531-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.613cf8fbaf61398890cc63d99230e6aa.jpeg

I think you mean TCD . Timber Cutter Dartmoor ?

• Like 2