New dog time

eggsarascal

6 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Although I’ve always admired Lurchers I don’t want a bigger dog, I’m told there are some Whippets due on a traveller camp in Kidderminster shortly, I’ll go for a look-see with caution, I don’t know the folk. 

When you go and see them ask the thieving scum if they’ve sold my mates two terriers  they nicked from his garden. Wouldn’t buy anything from a pikey - just encourages them to steal more!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dan blocker said:

When you go and see them ask the thieving scum if they’ve sold my mates two terriers  they nicked from his garden. Wouldn’t buy anything from a pikey - just encourages them to steal more!

Here we go, tar everyone with the same brush! Can we keep it to smaller dogs that can live in my trailer or camper comfortably?

7 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I want something laidback. You 

Labrador, there sole aim in life is to please (after food), there easy to train from a young age but may not fit your size rule. 

Edited by Will C

42 minutes ago, Will C said:

Labrador, there sole aim in life is to please (after food), there easy to train from a young age but may not fit your size rule. 

An old boy who I used to beat with told me a lab is born half trained, a spaniel dies half trained. He wasn’t far off the mark. Just too big for what space I have.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

An old boy who I used to beat with told me a lab is born half trained, a spaniel dies half trained. He wasn’t far off the mark. Just too big for what space I have.

He was right. Jack Russel, loyal, smart, small?

11 hours ago, dan blocker said:

He was right. Jack Russel, loyal, smart, small?

That is why I suggested Lurcher.
Dog in my pic is half terrier half whippet. 
Small smart and will walk all day. Curls up like a cat. Perfect....but at 15 hasn't got much longer.

Grew up with whippets/racing, fantastic breed and would suit your lifestyle, I’d contact whippet clubs., still several up North.
Had Border Terriers for the last 15 years, the  old boy is on his last legs now, would certainly have another, clever, strong, quiet, full of character. 
The French don’t really do ‘Sight’ dogs so a whippet here is out of the question, Jack Russel, Fox Terrier and Dachshund are common. The French Dachshund is commonly known as a Teckel, not the Dachshund you would be familiar with in the UK, it’s a wire haired, thick set short legged working terrier and is certainly on my list when the old boy passes.