Moving bags around.

Hi all,

I’m well on with getting 26t split n bagged into barrow bags. My intention is to stick the bags in the bottom field once I’ve extended the driveway down that far. I’ll be hardcore mot with chipping on. When I get round to moving them I’m not sure what’ll be best. I’m thinking a second hand forklift but I’m not sure how well the work on hardcore. Anyone any advice of the best kit. I could always just use the big car with a trailer on but that’s a lot of loading unloading and my back ain’t the best tbh. And if I do end up selling them I’ll need to load the trailer easier too. But then I’ve seen trailers with lifting cranes on. All so confusing and any advice appreciated. 

IMG_4452.jpeg

What kit have you already got? Would a machine do other jobs in your life? Skidsteer, articulating loader or tractor can move bags and do other things. Even a digger.

Edited by AHPP
  • Like 1

what I do 

Sit four bags on oversized pallet 

put a rope round to stabilise them

shift them with compact tractor and pallet forks. 
wont lift them into a trailer thou not high enough lift

gets them up off the ground as well which is a bonus

• Thanks 1

I'll second AHPP - even a second hand 'needs a bit of work' forklift is going to be what £3k+ ? A fair investment in what may or may not be a business, so what else do you have that could be used or do you have other uses for new equipment that can also lift bags?

Fair bit of garden? not sure of this one, but ride on mower with an attachment?

Edited by Steven P

Rough terrain forklift will be 7k+.

If it's dried barrow bags, takes two people to lift and your away, or as @AHPP has said sack truck providing your trailer has a rear ramp.

If your doing that also make sure the sides are higher than the bags so it won't need strapping down as tightly.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1