Thieving scum!

18 stoner

:icon14: I agree with your point totally. The harsh reality of not being able to have cctv and personal security do stack the odds. Few thieves will go for well protected premises/posessions

cctv kits are relatively cheap these days, dont need to have a huge carmera, just a discreet one or two around the premises. So far mine has only been usefull for catching a hit & run driver who totalled both my neighbours cars while they were out for the day! I got colour cctv with sound, can even pick up hedgehogs snuffling about outside.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of those dark camera domes placed somewhere out of the way but on view, maybe on the roof, and plenty of cctv signs placed around the property will deter most thieving scum.

using a dome camera, the thief doesnt know if its on him or not. you don't even need a camera, just a dome!

and if you use padlocks go for abloy over other brands.

they are more expensive but are virtually pick proof and cut proof.

sorry to hear that 18stoner, i am on the lookout for 3 new doors for my 90, but havent found any i can afford yet. Try this place for replacements, i have had a few bits from them and they always seem reasonably priced.

http://www.amazon4x4.com/

Kev.

Cheers for the link kev, as you know then, doors are scary money! If you get a set of graphite grey metallic offered, give me a bell!

CCTV sounds like the way to go, dome cameras and few signs could be a good option.

after i interupted three guys opening my garage door earlier this month I put up a sensor with a 300watt lamp. It comes on if you come more than 2 paces up the drive. Bl00dy ginger cat from up the road keeps getting me out of bed every time it turns the light on.

after i interupted three guys opening my garage door earlier this month I put up a sensor with a 300watt lamp. It comes on if you come more than 2 paces up the drive. Bl00dy ginger cat from up the road keeps getting me out of bed every time it turns the light on.

Looks like you`ll have to resort to the 12 bore after all!

Just a bit of an update for those who showed interest;

Insurance is not all it seemed, both myself and my dad have business insured with NFU. When my dad rang and informed them of the theft, they replied with a letter saying he had no longer got household insurance with them so the parts were not covered.

On contacting them he was told that no machinery, equipment, stock or supplies are covered on his business policy. He presently pays in excess of £800 for his "business" policy.

When he contacted the household insurers they said because they were viehicle parts they werent covered, and should have motor policy insurance- even though the viehicle is in hundreds of parts!

My policy didnt cover the parts as they were not on my property.

So, bit of a learning experience, the insurance policies are now to be reduced to the bare minimum, and the money saved will go towards extra security measures like CCTV, PIR`s, flood lights and a good stock of 12 bore cartridges.