Diesel thieves and how best to deal with

28 minutes ago, Steven P said:

A lot of the suggestions are tempting, but you'd have to sit out all night to catch them in the act or do some major work to the tractor to secure the fuel or build a barn. Not sure I'd put stuff in the fuel tank that makes the diesel unuseable unless you know it is going to go that night. Best way to go is to collect the evidence I reckon, cameras. Is there anywhere on the tractor that you could place a spy cam / trail cam pointing at the fuel tank? Couple of security lights on the tractor pointing in the right direction will get a stone through them but might scare them off that night. Not limited to where you can park if the camera goes with you. Could also use the camera as a dash cam in case of accidents? Use the tractor battery for power supply saves you buying AA batteries all the time.

All a camera does is show someone nicking fuel....🙄

37 minutes ago, Botty Cough said:

Those man traps have been illegal since 1827, with the exception of Katie Price.

But even I wouldn't subject anyone to the inhumane punishment of her, I'd bring back hanging before that!.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Botty Cough said:

But with any luck you'll see their face, and either recognise them (as the OP says, thinks they know who it is), a friendly warning "I have you on camera, don't do it again" or let the police have the tape.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Steven P said:

But with any luck you'll see their face, and either recognise them (as the OP says, thinks they know who it is), a friendly warning "I have you on camera, don't do it again" or let the police have the tape.

Never going to happen.

Easier to just trap and despatch....

Bit like squirrels really.... Best shot....

• Like 1