Emergency TPO

Sarahsmile

Plenty of times a land owner BEFORE selling to a developer or trying to get Planning permission will "get rid " of any trees if they can that  could cause problems with their plans , not illegal but but can at times just be selfish / money orientated !!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

Plenty of times a land owner BEFORE selling to a developer or trying to get Planning permission will "get rid " of any trees if they can that  could cause problems with their plans , not illegal but but can at times just be selfish / money orientated !!

Quite so Twiggy.

This was a probate sale so the idea probably didn’t occur to the executor/beneficiaries.

14 hours ago, Sarahsmile said:

AHPP - you have some serious issues Princess.

Envy and bitterness is really rather unattractive.

To those of you who have otherwise made constructive comments, once I thank you.

I shall be on to the TO at the LPA as soon as they open this morning. No developer is going to destroy a beautiful Oak with a very high amenity to the wider public - just so he can circumvent planning law.

A good day to all (except AHPP….)

I asked in a quite open minded manner but if you want to be like that, be like that.

Anyway. This is what I did today. Six houses going in. 

• Haha 1

I am afraid the planning laws we have in this country, combined with steadily increasing population mean every little bit of land in a built up area is likely to be seen as a potential plot for a house.  Inevitably this will cause conflict.

I remember as a child growing up in semi rural Surrey being dismayed at how many beautiful large houses with lovely large gardens were being developed into modern tasteless executive houses.  Indeed the house I was born in was built in the extremely extensive grounds of a small stately home.  But that was a little different as it still left a huge garden.  But in my nineteen years living in the area the number of houses must have at least doubled, always at the expense of nice open green areas.  And that was an area with a blanket PTO.

I have recently been looking in Monmouthshire to see if I could buy a building plot to build my own house.  Forget it.  There is almost literally nothing.  Plenty of farmland near me being turned over to housing - but nothing for the little guy like me to build one house.

• Like 1

I did a very similar site a week or two ago. Two oaks, both 3-4' DBH, healthy and nice. Ring barked at 08:00 on a Saturday morning and shredded from a MEWP over the weekend along with umpteen other trees. Stern looks from passing busybodies, no doubt making calls to local authority phones that rang and rang until Monday morning. By then there were no trees to protect. 

All because it would have been something for objectors to get their hooks into. My client liked them and would have kept them but has a business to run and he knows the Sarahsmiles of this world would try to have control of his property taken from him. 

11 minutes ago, AHPP said:

I did a very similar site a week or two ago. Two oaks, both 3-4' DBH, healthy and nice. Ring barked at 08:00 on a Saturday morning and shredded from a MEWP over the weekend along with umpteen other trees. Stern looks from passing busybodies, no doubt making calls to local authority phones that rang and rang until Monday morning. By then there were no trees to protect. 

All because it would have been something for objectors to get their hooks into. My client liked them and would have kept them but has a business to run and he knows the Sarahsmiles of this world would try to have control of his property taken from him. 

The new BNG legislation will penalise developers for this kind of thing going forward. 

Doesn't mean they won't be able to clear sites before planning but it will mean they'll have to either replace the lost biodiversity on another site nearby or pay an extortionate amount to offset the loss. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whizzkid96 said:

The new BNG legislation will penalise developers for this kind of thing going forward. 

Doesn't mean they won't be able to clear sites before planning but it will mean they'll have to either replace the lost biodiversity on another site nearby or pay an extortionate amount to offset the loss. 

They'll find a way round it.