Emergency TPO

Sarahsmile

1 hour ago, AHPP said:

No. It's someone wanting to tell someone else what they can and can't do. 

Some people need telling, as made clear by...

[gestures vaguely towards the entirety of the world]

3 minutes ago, peds said:

Some people need telling, as made clear by...

[gestures vaguely towards the entirety of the world]

What makes the tellers worthy of telling?

• Like 1

Generally having a bit more of an idea and inclination towards what is best for the human race as a whole, instead of a handful of the unnecessarily-wealthy few.

Edit:

Sorry, I was talking about the general situation, not just this tree. Tricky to judge without seeing pictures of the tree and the plan to be, but oak trees are fairly important to keep if at all possible. Shame to replace all of them with double concrete drives.

Edited by peds

Anyway. Hoping to hear from Sarahsmile. She apparently thinks seventy million taxvictims should be paying a tree officer and council hierarchy to be there so she can tell her neighbour he can't cut down his tree if he wants to. I'm interested in her justification. I can only assume she's very, very important.

1 hour ago, AHPP said:

No. It's someone wanting to tell someone else what they can and can't do. 

that happens all the time, councils making conservation areas you cannot cut a tree down without them saying yes or no, you want to build something you have to apply for planning then they say yes or no   

10 minutes ago, daveatdave said:

that happens all the time, councils making conservation areas you cannot cut a tree down without them saying yes or no, you want to build something you have to apply for planning then they say yes or no   

Yes. It's a disgrace. 

41 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Anyway. Hoping to hear from Sarahsmile. She apparently thinks seventy million taxvictims should be paying a tree officer and council hierarchy to be there so she can tell her neighbour he can't cut down his tree if he wants to. I'm interested in her justification. I can only assume she's very, very important.

I’m guessing it’s along the lines of, she paid a premium price to buy a house in the leafy suburbs and she isn’t in favour of a developer buying a plot and felling all the trees so they can get more houses, make more money and never actually live there.