Neat Bird Feeder

chopperpete

Very pretty but needs better protection for the food from the rain.

Sorry to be negative but I speak from experience of trying various pieces of log etc; rain ingress is always an issue.  The food even spoils in mesh feeders sometimes where the birdies have 360deg access

• Like 3

On 27/01/2024 at 09:22, nepia said:

Very pretty but needs better protection for the food from the rain.

Sorry to be negative but I speak from experience of trying various pieces of log etc; rain ingress is always an issue.  The food even spoils in mesh feeders sometimes where the birdies have 360deg access

our nuts never last long enough to go off. Good point though - you’d want to have some drainage holes in the bottom. 

Here’s a nice simple Christmas present for Mrs Ed who loves her bath. 

IMG_7700.thumb.jpeg.8a2226d400f2cea5b0889b88fb81372b.jpeg

IMG_7669.thumb.jpeg.d15c8dc8b7e72903ee40493f765c0547.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Mr. Ed said:

IMG_7700.thumb.jpeg.8a2226d400f2cea5b0889b88fb81372b.jpeg

Yo, give us an underside shot too. I need to make one for our bath. What finish?

Back on topic, sort of, has anyone ever made a bird house from rot pockets in wood? I've got a growing pile of bits of wood with nice pockets, of various sizes, I'm going to hollow them out a bit and stick a roof on, make sure there's drainage and all that.

Small one here for illustration. 

20240202_150007.thumb.jpg.f6b7cfdbf1fd2d470fa2565d73e8afbd.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Peds. Underside is just a couple of short battens on the inside of the bath just enough for the board not to slide off the edge. I was pleased to use the curved wany edge as a bit of a wrap around. 

The angle of the book blocks was resolved by trial and error.