Arb digger

beechhunter

54 minutes ago, Lillywhite said:

It’s a good size for arb work, it’s small enough to get into gardens & down footpaths but big enough to actually get something done in a day. It fits on the lorry with the chipper so turn up stack timber, chip the rest & back on the lorry & home because round my way if you leave any kit on jobs it won’t be the in the morning

i have been thinking about a 6 tonner but it will sit in the yard a bit whereas the 3 tonner is out everyday 

IMG_0354.jpeg

Hats off to you for making the move.  😎

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lillywhite said:

Takeuchi tb230 with tiltrotator, grab & a bit of cab protection on the weight bridge is heavier than you think 

IMG_4308.jpeg

E27 with heavy counterweight, tilty and grab is 3 tonnes dead, so the TB230 has a good 400kg on it in the real world. IMG_5754.thumb.jpeg.99f9a23f33887ad714c549e3ce1f5df6.jpeg

IMG_5752.thumb.jpeg.8f4bfdb72ebbb091d69b4b8aae669b14.jpeg

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

E27 with heavy counterweight, tilty and grab is 3 tonnes dead, so the TB230 has a good 400kg on it in the real world. IMG_5754.thumb.jpeg.99f9a23f33887ad714c549e3ce1f5df6.jpeg

My optimistic calculations were:

E27 weight transport-2549kg

Counterweight- 147kg

Hitch- 20kg

Grab-90kg

Rotator- 30kg

Trailer weighs 660kg, so 2840kg payload

but you’ve just burst my bubble. 🤬

and let’s not mention the steel tracks 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, doobin said:

Counterweight- 147kg

Hitch- 20kg

Grab-90kg

Rotator- 30kg

You can't possibly have maintained kidding yourself since putting the steels on. If you really did, I'm afraid I have some uncomfortable news for you about father christmas 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, doobin said:

Counterweight- 147kg

Hitch- 20kg

Grab-90kg

Rotator- 30kg

That Rototilt is for machines upto 6 tonnes and is HEAVY, I reckon you can knock at least 150kg off for it. 

16 hours ago, Lillywhite said:

It’s a good size for arb work, it’s small enough to get into gardens & down footpaths but big enough to actually get something done in a day.

been thinking about a 6 tonner but it will sit in the yard a bit whereas the 3 tonner is out everyday 

We used to run a 10 tonner about for the smaller kit, that had a six ton payload and the truck itself was no bigger than a 7.5 tonner.

Bob

7 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Nice setup but with that amount of stack height I imagine your using that most at far reach to get any useful height? I expect you feel the weight out there too, looks a fair bit of weight on the end before you have grabbed anything.

1 minute ago, Slicer Dicer said:

Nice setup but with that amount of stack height I imagine you’re using that most at far reach to get any useful height? I expect you feel the weight out there too, looks a fair bit of weight on the end before you have grabbed anything.

These E27 Bobcats are very planted for their size and handle the weight well, but you do need to be sensible whilst operating (and keep your bum-sensor switched on!).

Stack height isn’t a problem for grab work as it’s not dangle mount and the rotator is really powerful so you can manipulate stuff through all sorts of angles to get it where you need it. It also gives you more reach which is always useful!
It isn’t the right tilty for that machine if starting from scratch though, and the build height isn’t helped by it being under a quickhitch (so can easily be removed). I had the tilty from another bigger machine and it made sense to use it on this one - I wouldn’t be without it now but I’d definitely go with a smaller model (and probably direct mount) if spec’ing one up for a machine of this size again. 

• Like 1