Help with Axe handle replacement

Kelwigan

No money in it so probably no one offers it as a service as will  cost more than a new or second hand axe...

I know some guy making new handles from ash though but hes in Dartmoor.

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Dartmoor Greenwood Handles. 516 J’aime · 41 en parlent. Greenwood worker restoring vintage axe and edge tools...

Maybe you could try him dunno if its going to be  worth the hassle though.....you'd ether have to post  them or go there on a road trip etc?

Could try the Locals mens shed?

MENSSHEDS.ORG.UK

Find a Shed - Men’s Sheds are kitted out community spaces where men can enjoy practical hobbies. Friends and learning...

Wigan, Lancashire, WN2 5EG

The Shed meets every Thursday 11am – 2pm at: Platt Bridge Community Zone, 81 Ribble Rd, Platt Bridge, Wigan WN2 5EG www.facebook.com/wiganshed Woodwork activities and 3d printing. Why not come along and design your own item, draw items using 3d pens, or turn your hand drawings into 3d objects? All welcome. 

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1

As above, posting the axe head out might be the way to go. I'd normally always recommend popping in somewhere in person but some of the road trips suggested might be quite a trip (if you want convincing of the finances, my car costs about 25p a mile fuel I think, 4 mile round trip to the £1, courier postage might be £5, so anyone further than 10 miles away (10 there, 10 back) and post would be cheapest option).

However I am sure if you get the right handled sent to you you can do it.

Noting that I put a new handle on a hatchet this year and really struggled to get a local supplier, 

• Like 1