Monkeyd's big phat totaly random Tree type thing - photovisual thread...........

David Humphries

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots opf good camera suggestions have been made. For anyone on a budget, SLR's are out. Better photographic results can be achieved with a good mini camera.

Best deals can be found on ebay, by looking for an older camera, such as the A 710 or 720 Canon, or one of the older Lumix. If low light performance is important, look for one with a max lens opening of f/2 to f/2.8. For wide angle effect, then look for one with at least 28, and preferably 24 mm min focal length (that's the 35 mm camera equivalent.

IMO, Panasonic Lumix line is number one, followed closely by Canon. And that's saying a lot, coming from a guy who has had 5 small cameras.

Beside the point is my newest camera, but look out for images from it, as I find the time to post them

Here's a teaser......cherry blossom at near life size. Canon 5D Mk ll, 100mm Macro f/2.8 L IS

IMG_5094w.jpg.0e12442c27d5c21ccf9943ee135972c1.jpg

Canon G10 David.....you've seen the results!:thumbup:

This is the one my research is honing in on, or its successor the G11.

G11 is 450 at jessops, but 380 online shop somewhere.

G10 is same camera in many ways, will be cheaper, but is rated the DB's

Glad to have it confirmed from experience sean

Nice study Dan, is the shell Beech?

& the cut piece Hawthorn?

BB?

Yea shell is beech & I farily sure the cut piece is beech too that had an upright in good condition so lever arm was removed.

I loved the fact the mechanics of the tree had held up thus far without our intervention.

Not sure why we decided not to prop instead it was a few yr ago I took it.

Loved the areial roots she was thowing out too, look like little arms flinging about:001_smile:

I brought a Nikon D60 from Ebay with a standard 18-55 lense for £220 i believe. I'm a complete amateur on photography and i get results like these images, Only had a Polarizing filter on the lense to bring the colour in the sky out.

Images taken at the Grand Canyon last week.

GrandCanyon_148.jpg

GrandCanyon_170.jpg

I was looking at Nikon anyway as i brought a little nikon beer camera in 2008 and that is still going strong, and that's what i took to Afghan with me. So i liked the nikons and just researched on line between D40 and D60 and the price difference was not much for newer model. D90 would also be a good choice to go for being the newer model of them all.

Have a look on the photography part of ORRP as there is lots of guys on there with sound advice. That's where i asked, but then i like land rovers too.