HELP1 Nightmare problems with Jensen Chipper

SyB

7 minutes ago, Con said:

Moisture in fuel tank, or some sort of contaminant/debris in tank?

That was the first assumption.  Apparently no problems there - no moisture and always keeping tank full to avoid this.  Not sure about debris in the tank - is it easy to tell ?

You have probably drained the tank and cleaned the filters,there might be an inline filter someone has put in somewhere stupid and its sucking air from a split in the line or its full of water.

Pull the fuel lines off it,put new ones on because you might have a intermitant pinch in the lines,fuel starvation or air getting in can cause the same problem you have.

Put a electric lift pump on it.The lift pump on Kubota's can be problematic, decent electric lift pumps are cheap.

Kubota is a solid brand but their starter motors and lift pumps are not the best.

7 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Or head gasket. 

All checked and ok.  It's driving me nuts - as I said one day it works perfectly and then a week later it doesn't.  Taken it to be fixed a couple of times and it worked ok when I got there 😩  It's a bloody joker

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, woody paul said:

So it chucks out white grey smoke, still runs or stops, once you stop it dose it restart up and clear it self that happen again after a while.

It continues to run but as there's obviously a problem I usually stop it and give up.  Then yes it will clear but the same thing happens again.  Sometimes it works fine for a couple of jobs but then another day I get this problem.

Just now, SyB said:

It continues to run but as there's obviously a problem I usually stop it and give up.  Then yes it will clear but the same thing happens again.  Sometimes it works fine for a couple of jobs but then another day I get this problem.

Think I'll follow the steps in the post from Mike Hill in the hope that it can be fixed.  Failing that I'll probably just get another one :(