Hoovers

AHPP

My house is a bloody disgrace. Sawdust, grimy arb sediment, not being arsed to take boots off etc. My selection of domestic hoovers doesn't touch it. What's a decent industrial one that will do medium duty shedwork and extremely heavy duty housework? £2-300, new or second hand. None of this modern, eco-friendly, low powered motor nonsense. The job needs horsepower.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHPP said:

My house is a bloody disgrace. Sawdust, grimy arb sediment, not being arsed to take boots off etc. My selection of domestic hoovers doesn't touch it. What's a decent industrial one that will do medium duty shedwork and extremely heavy duty housework? £2-300, new or second hand. None of this modern, eco-friendly, low powered motor nonsense. The job needs horsepower.

Henry like  but the commercial type ...?

20 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Had a Henry and didn't rate it. I did find it in a skip though so it may not have been the best example of the marque. What's a step up from Henry anyway? You might think, "It can't be that bad." It is.

I have an old Henry , the one with the 2 speed button . Its relegated to the chimney sweeping now but when it was used in the house on full chat I could not move it across the carpet . If anything the suction was too much . 

• Like 1

Not got one but SEBO is supposedly best  but has  paper bags

Used a henry yrs ago wasn't impressed.

Have  a  cheapo vax atm but its very filmsy and cheap quality build wise.

Before the vax was using one of 3  old dyson animals I found dumped in the hedge at the side of the road.

Better  built but suck is less  powerful than on the vax.

Relatives now borrowed the vax  so now back to using the dysons 🙄

The EU limited the  motor sizes to save the enviro so they all suck less now than the older ones i think?

Edited by Stere