WOW

Kylus Sylvestris

On 30/09/2023 at 16:26, Slicer Dicer said:

Yes I know, I wasn't suggesting that the article was the reason specifically but just highlighting that they've obviously had issues in the past as most farmers will have when the public come on to their land en masse. Personally I'd doubt it was the farmer tbh- they're generally pretty in touch with local sentiment and the vulnerability of upsetting the apple cart so to speak.

Long time generational farming family.  Even if there tenancy had been terminated prior to this for whatever reason- they'd have to be pretty idiotic to do something like this and expect to be successful taking on another tenancy elsewhere.

Miss Marple, you’ve put someone’s picture and details up on a public forum basically accusing them of cutting a tree down when emotions are running high in the area? If your not accusing them why put it out there? You in the habit of posting personal details and relating them to crimes. And now your saying that personally you doubt it was the farmer tbh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dan blocker said:

Miss Marple, you’ve put someone’s picture and details up on a public forum basically accusing them of cutting a tree down when emotions are running high in the area? If your not accusing them why put it out there? You in the habit of posting personal details and relating them to crimes. And now your saying that personally you doubt it was the farmer tbh?

Laughable really. A thread full of entire speculation (including from you) and you pull me up on this? Must be your first day on the internet so let me explain- that article (yeah the one in which I say it's unlikely to be them/the farmer) is not something I've pulled out from a filing cabinet locked away in Northumberland police department and then posted on here, it's an old article freely available to the entire population to read as they wish. It doesn't take an Einstein to work out that if this thread is based on pure speculation about it being farmers/farmers son (as you alluded to btw, tut tut.) the first thing one might do is actually Google to is the tenant of this area- it really took me about 15 seconds to find it out, you can read it and make what you want of it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slicer Dicer said:

Must be your first day on the internet so let me explain- that article (yeah the one in which I say it's unlikely to be them/the farmer) 

When you first posted the article you didn’t say it’s unlikely to be them? That was your second attempt. Your first post on the subject showed a photograph and named the family? Most people can’t be arsed to Google anything on the local area, keyboard warriors aren’t really that active - are they? If that lad gets a slap( even if info didn’t come from your post) would you still be smug. You could well be guilty of a criminal offence? Google that!

19 minutes ago, dan blocker said:

When you first posted the article you didn’t say it’s unlikely to be them? That was your second attempt. Your first post on the subject showed a photograph and named the family? Most people can’t be arsed to Google anything on the local area, keyboard warriors aren’t really that active - are they? If that lad gets a slap( even if info didn’t come from your post) would you still be smug. You could well be guilty of a criminal offence? Google that!

Your reading into it wrong. I first put it up in retort to the many who had previously suggested it was a disgruntled tenant/landowner. So yes an article about their sheep being attacked by dogs at Sycamore gap would seem to back this up. It was an article for discussion which this thread is all about and on balance i concluded that it was unlikely to be them based on my above reasons and that the son in the article clearly wasn't the 16 yr old suspect. Pretty much every newspaper has plastered pictures today of a man (current suspect)who hasn't even been convicted yet. If that was ever a case for morally wrong that would be it- but that's the world we live in and I bet you've read the articles too so no need to come over all holier than thou...

Edited by Slicer Dicer
Grammatical error
  • Like 1

Just now, Slicer Dicer said:

Your reading into it wrong. I first put it up in retort to the many who had previously suggested it was a disgruntled tenant/landowner. So yes an article about their sheep being attacked by dogs at Sycamore gap would seem to back this up. It was an article for discussion which this thread is all about and on balance i concluded that it was unlikely to be them based on my above reasons and that the son in the article clearly wasn't the 16 yr old suspect. Pretty much every newspaper has plastered pictures today of a man (current suspect)who hasn't even been convicted yet. If that was ever a case for morally wrong that would be it- but that's the world we live in and I bet you've read the articles too so no need to come over all holier than thou...