The Arbalk morning register!

Stephen Blair

Morning all

Well, after me having a moan on Thursday regarding 4 hours of Tig welding. Shortly after that, i decided to jump out the van like a spring chicken and land in a pot hole. 

Ankle made a crack and instant pain up my shin to my knee....

spent 5 hours in A and E, being told its definitely broke by numerous people, even the doctor who wheeled me to the xray department commented on how it looks broken..

Short of it, the xrays showed a displacement and severe (level 3 i think) damage to some tendon or ligament) 

I was too busy thinking about how much pain i was in rather than what he was saying.

So now, after a weekend of no rest, I am back at work to tig weld these tanks, and hopefully get them in place before the day ends. Then, i will rest easy and be able to have the rest of the week off without the worry and hassle of being bombarded with emails.

This isnt a moan or 'feel sorry for me' this is more of a ' be careful ladies and gents' i switched of for a milli second, doing things i've no doubt done a thousand times, which has now resulted in 6-8 weeks of hassle. 

If i get chance later, i'll take my sock off and post a picture of my elephant foot that looks as though its covered in black paint.

So, be careful out there guys, don't ruin Xmas for your partners... (like i've been told i have :) ) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

Morning all.

Scotty that sounds bloody painful, hope you get done today and can put your feet up.

I'm off, nothing interesting planned, see what the day brings.

Have a good one folks.

Thanks Doug

I'd much rather have my foot up resting but unfortunately, work is work and the work planned has been planned for 12 months. I won't rest if it isnt done, so i'd rather grit my teeth for a couple of days and rest over xmas.

Like anything, pictures don't do it justice.

Pics for those interested. excuse the trotters.....pro-a8LrKKQl.thumb.jpeg.771c772d2853df871e60eeff2db0eaee.jpegpro-2SGiY9lb.thumb.jpeg.a5ed956c2ac4886a961165e48fd1fefa.jpegpro-hI9EEwkF.thumb.jpeg.753ff998f11cbf7b6edcdd9c67659c5e.jpeg

• Sad 3