Timberwolf 230 vtr petrol problems

Hi everyone I bought a new petrol timberwolf vtr petrol 230 on 30/6/23 from a company in carmarthen Davies Implements 

It broke down after 4 hours  electrical fault  I had a tow behind off them to keep me going wich wasn't ideal but didn't want to make a fuss  but that broke down within an hour at this point I was loosing my rag phoned timberwolf up and they sent a demonstration petrol one like mine down from Preston  and after a day that broke down  FUNNY  yet again electrical fault  so Davies Implements came out repaired it and broke down again  anyway at last I got my new one back that I payed £26,000 for so I thought brilliant at last I can get on but after 1 houre and yes broke down  electrical fault again  had another chipper sent down and was working OK my chipper now is repaired its had a new  engine wiring loom  inserted  but I know that this will brake down again  I have told Davies Implements that I want my money back but they wouldn't  after all the trouble and money lost I thought I'm going to get a fost 8"   Davies Implements have been a disgrace all through this and I have had a lot of rude conversations with the boss  a lady called Carol their the most awful  people I have ever come across in 40yrs in forestry bissness  

Any help or topics would be appreciated 🙏 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, timber wolf 230 vtr petrol said:

Yes a lawnmower engine in an industrial machine  the engine heats up so much you can cook an egg that's why I would prefer my money back has its only going to melt the wiring again 

Been a few with issues with that engine on here. 

If you haven't spoken to Timberwolf about the problem you have had with dealer do, I had a problem with second hand machine from one of there main dealers and had good result from taking to them about there dealer, but that was many years ago. The final phone call I had was from the CEO of Timberwolf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monkeybusiness said:

I wouldn’t touch any new petrol engined chippers, regardless of the make. Better off spending money on a decent second hand diesel and/or allowing a bit extra for a refurb.

Anything with a Briggs and Stratton engine wants taking directly to the scrap yard, they are absolute garbage.

And yet the B & S engine in my Stihl lawnmower is v easy started and has so far proved faultless. but no wile hours on it yet.

10 hours ago, difflock said:

And yet the B & S engine in my Stihl lawnmower is v easy started and has so far proved faultless. but no wile hours on it yet.

I’m not sure what engine is in your mower but the chipper manufacturers have been forced (because of ridiculous emission laws) to all use the same problematic Briggs engine as it offers the necessary power output in a handily sized and priced package to take the place of the now outlawed 35hp diesel Kubota (which is still available from new but in a significantly detuned format). 
Chipper engines operate in a very harsh environment - lots of heat, lots of dust, often worked at maximum power, always running flat out, often operated by muppets with zero mechanical sympathy (no warm-up/cool-down etc), regularly filled with fuel from dirty containers in dirty environments etc etc. They are bolted to a lightweight platform and are shaken, beaten, soaked and blasted with salt, and that’s just on their way to and from jobs!
Old fashioned mechanical industrial diesel engines tolerate this very well but they aren’t available in the necessary power output from new any more (without very expensive and bulky after-treatment). 

If buying new I’d spec the low-power Kubota and personally de-restrict it (which would forgo the warranty and is probably illegal in this namby-pamby world we live in) before chancing that Briggs POS. 

• Like 4