First chipper

teresa green

Do you mean at home or while out working?

For my trailer I looked at the motorcycle world and bought ground anchor and 19mm chain, this is too thick for bolt cutters so will need grinding off. The anchor is under the trailer so you can't sledgehammer the lock.

The other type of security product is from caravans, concrete in posts or locks. The best wheel clamp I've got is Bulldog but it's a heavy beast to use, in the end though it needs to be thick steel else it will be too quick to cut off.

Tracker too, there's a fair chance if it gets nicked it will be dumped in a layby for a couple of days to see if it has a tracker - in which case if you don't have a tracker you won't find it.

Ideally I think you have to layer the security so it takes a while to nick, and hopefully the delay puts them off.

Finally, my experience of having things nicked is I ended up buying expensive security products in the end anyway and the one thing I wish is I'd spent more on security in the first place.

• Like 2

I bought the red bulldog wheel clamp for my chipper, they seemed to have the best reviews. Make sure you get the correct size for your wheel. I also had a ground anchor and the heaviest hardened chain (£280 for 3metres and that was several years ago) I went through the anchor around the RSJ in the barn and through the drawbar and axel on chipper. It was a real pain in the arse but helped me sleep at night

Hi,

I was going to say 'the best way to stop someone stealing your TW chipper is to paint it black and put Forst stickers on it!' But that would just be childish.

I use a tow ball lock, there are never going to stop a determined thief but they are cheap, small and might just stop an opportunist making off with it.

IMG_4126.jpeg

• Like 1

WWW.LINCMASTER.CO.UK

We provide leading anti theft products and security solutions. From our innovative Hitchloks, to heavy duty security chains. We have you covered - Click here

these are really good products that i would recommend, i used to use bulldog until we lost the keys ,we got it off using a long crowbar and sledgehammer in under a minute so not overly impressive!

17 minutes ago, andy ellis said:
WWW.LINCMASTER.CO.UK

We provide leading anti theft products and security solutions. From our innovative Hitchloks, to heavy duty security chains. We have you covered - Click here

these are really good products that i would recommend, i used to use bulldog until we lost the keys ,we got it off using a long crowbar and sledgehammer in under a minute so not overly impressive!

Definitely.

It's a bit of a mine field but plenty out there will take your money for kit and your kit.

It really comes down to common sense which does seem pretty void these days amongst the masses.

Park up tight,block it in don't leave it unattended onsite etc etc.

If it's wanted by some grubby oiks it will go in my experience...

I have spent days at work stood roadside with the wagon and chipper as guard ..

Even had pick up wagons offer me cash to just leave kit at the side of the road when I go home...

So it's how you present yourself and park basically.