Right, wrong, or just playing the game?

eggsarascal

36 minutes ago, difflock said:

My strongly held POV on this matter goes back to Shakespeare, "Methinks he doth protest too much", (to be innocent), which is to say, those on the left know rightly how widespread voter fraud is, which is exactly why they are protesting so vociferously.

And the blatent abuse of the postal voting system, FFS!

Tower Hamlets anyone?

And, folks, bear in mind that we here in N.I. have always been at the bleeding edge of voter turnout and voter fraud(And my father was a local Councillor, 40 year ago, so I have some personal knowledge), which is why, along with our PR system, we need to produce ID to vote, and this is closely monitered by party reps in those finely balanced or critical wards.

So, perhaps both PR and voter ID need to be introduced for all elections in England Scotland and Wales.

Would that keep everyone happy?

Dont speak sense! :D 

We all know that the poor cant afford the free Voter ID. ;)

Having worked for many years for the local councils as a Presiding Officer at a Pollling station and also at counts and postal vote verification I can only remember one occasion when I felt suspicious of a voter.

Main problems were the great British voter not bothering to register to vote and then complaining they were being denied their rights or trying to vote at the wrong polling station. Also the number who turned up to vote and asked 'What's this vote about?' often followed by 'Who should I vote for?'. You really couldn't make it up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, difflock said:

What "demographic" was your polling station located in? Like a traditional settled  rural area, or a more "metropolitan" area Peter?

Initially was rural village and latterly small town. Village was no trouble at all, posh houses to social housing. Town was generally ok again the catchment covered large detached to social flats. Had a local town councillor insisting her teller could stand inside the polling station which is not allowed and trying to tell me my fortune. Remember pointing out the threshold in no uncertain terms to her, got a pat on the back from elections staff for putting her in her place as she had previous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, difflock said:

What "demographic" was your polling station located in? Like a traditional settled  rural area, or a more "metropolitan" area Peter?

"Were they Indian?"

• Haha 1

On 19/05/2023 at 06:41, difflock said:

My strongly held POV on this matter goes back to Shakespeare, "Methinks he doth protest too much", (to be innocent), which is to say, those on the left know rightly how widespread voter fraud is, which is exactly why they are protesting so vociferously.

And the blatent abuse of the postal voting system, FFS!

Tower Hamlets anyone?

And, folks, bear in mind that we here in N.I. have always been at the bleeding edge of voter turnout and voter fraud(And my father was a local Councillor, 40 year ago, so I have some personal knowledge), which is why, along with our PR system, we need to produce ID to vote, and this is closely monitered by party reps in those finely balanced or critical wards.

So, perhaps both PR and voter ID need to be introduced for all elections in England Scotland and Wales.

Would that keep everyone happy?

Strongly held POV or not, the former PM said, If he was asked to provide photo ID he’d take it out of his wallet and physically eat it, yet me and you should provide photo ID? No wonder the place is in the state it is! As I mentioned pages back, If any of us wanted to vote fraudulently we could ask for a postal vote and no photo ID would be needed. Go figure, Marcus.

14 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Strongly held POV or not, the former PM said, If he was asked to provide photo ID he’d take it out of his wallet and physically eat it, yet me and you should provide photo ID? No wonder the place is in the state it is! As I mentioned pages back, If any of us wanted to vote fraudulently we could ask for a postal vote and no photo ID would be needed. Go figure, Marcus.

Its all about context Eggs and Ive already covered this. 

Do you honestly think BoJo does not accept that he needs to show Photo ID when requested to travel internationally? 

The difference, and its a significant one, is that we are not legally required to show Photo ID when requested to do so when confronted by the law on the Street or going about our daily business. This is clearly what he is referring to. 

Now you're either too stupid to comprehend this or you're intentionally ignoring the context because it does not fit in with your narrative or you're again so stupid that you've fell for a meme on the internet dreamed up by someone else who is ignoring the context because it does not fit their narrative. 

You've one chanced in three to prove you're not stupid and actually just disingenuous. 

Edited by trigger_andy

11 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Its all about context Eggs and Ive already covered this. 

Do you honestly think BoJo does not accept that he needs to show Photo ID when requested to travel internationally? 

The difference, and its a significant one, is that we are not legally required to show Photo ID when requested to do so when confronted by the law on the Street or going about our daily business. This is clearly what he is referring to. 

Now you're either too stupid to comprehend this or you're intentionally ignoring the context because it does not fit in with your narrative or you're again so stupid that you've fell for a meme on the internet dreamed up by someone else who is ignoring the context because it does not fit their narrative. 

You've one chanced in three to prove you're not stupid and actually just disingenuous. 

Just now, eggsarascal said:

You do realise that this clip proves my point and not yours right? 

In the UK we are not legally forced to carry Photo ID on us at all times. We are not required to show Photo ID when requested to by the authorities going about our daily and personal business. 

BoJo, rightly or wrongly by stating he would sooner eat that ID than produce it is in clear reference to this. 

So yet again, the context shows this has nothing to do with being required to show Photo ID when someone wants or wishes to perform a certain task, be it fly internationally, buy alcohol when questioned about your age, collect good from the Post Office, or in this case when wishing (not being forced) to vote. 

Well, you certainly blew that one in three chance of you being disingenuous, eh? That leaves you at no surprise to anyone in the other category.