Stunt fell pics

josharb87

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom2020

how fast wasyour heart beating when it headded towards that door then?!!?

To be honest. Not much more then it is when im felling in the woods. If the risk is too high i will not take the chance. I spent a good 1hr before felling it making sure it would land where i wanted it to land. Climbed it half way to set a line in and was 100% Confident enough that it would land where i wanted it too. I had a bloody good tutor who taught me how to fell trees on a tooth pick.

P.S It was my ass that went never mind my heart :thumbup:

Totally dead pine Bark falling off it the works, Climbed half way up hoping to nock it over in two sections got. to where it forks out and was starting to peel away at the fork. So attached my rope got my brand new ms660 out to test her out and hay presto 0.5meter of the house. Missed the clients decked and both shrubs on each side good job well done :thumbup:

nice and acurate but surley a massive risk of the dead top going through the patio door??

i think if i was already up the i would of felled bits out but just my way.

carl

To be honest. Not much more then it is when im felling in the woods. If the risk is too high i will not take the chance. I spent a good 1hr before felling it making sure it would land where i wanted it to land. Climbed it half way to set a line in and was 100% Confident enough that it would land where i wanted it too. I had a bloody good tutor who taught me how to fell trees on a tooth pick.

P.S It was my ass that went never mind my heart :thumbup:

So you spent an hour getting it ready to fell when you had already started to climb it and could of had it on the deck in 20/30mins, without risking the top going through the window?

But anyway, each to there own and all that. :001_smile:

Here's one we did a few years back the brush was stripped first to make it fit and admittedly we used a pulling rope :001_rolleyes: but if your up there anyway why would you not put one up so you can pull it if needed.

597663aa8d8f8_precisionfelling.jpg.5d1461772ab8cd7ce9c1b615d99deb50.jpg

The bit I liked was how it rolled over when it landed so that the curve of the trunk meant that it missed the nearby oak tree by a few inches.

I'm not worthy to be on this thread, but I offer this little stunt fell for inventiveness even if it is a small tree. We had already taken down a tree at the front only a foot away, so I cut a V-notch in the stump of it, and felled the next tree across it and caught the butt in the notch, saving the wall and a fair bit of time.

597663b85ccd8_grenvillestump2.png.707bab90c39a34679e24cd20a9857c02.png

597663b8588a9_grenvillestump1.jpg.a5e885ead1bb7276b6678c221b9b800e.jpg

Totally dead pine Bark falling off it the works, Climbed half way up hoping to nock it over in two sections got. to where it forks out and was starting to peel away at the fork. So attached my rope got my brand new ms660 out to test her out and hay presto 0.5meter of the house. Missed the clients decked and both shrubs on each side good job well done :thumbup:

why a ms660 overkill , both your horizontil cuts apear to be same height with no step , dry pine will snap its hinge leaving no control , you seem to have missed your first cut by a mile in front of hinge , also you have no idea what will fly off a dead tree and where it will go . sorry but you keep doing stunt fells like that in gardens will only end in damage , should have halfed it at least. did the good tutor teach you to leave a high stump too