Lineker stood down…

eggsarascal

5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I totally agree, this subject is about Lineker and what he tweeted, and it’s a political decision to suspend him. The beauty of it is, he doesn’t need BBC/license payers money, Sky/ITV would have him in a heartbeat, so he can tweet what he likes. The fact that no other commentators stepped in speaks volumes.

Ok in your opinion did he act with impartiality?, I don’t care either way as it happens, I still think the comparison he made was utterly ludicrous, his role or position will not change that for me. Most of the guys on his team are long term friends and in many cases England team mates they were never gonna step in. Maybe he still has a grind with Maggie making a crack about his transfer fee all those years ago.  

Edited by Johnsond

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I wonder if Lineker would have been suspended if he had tweeted in support of government policy, which would also not be impartial, I very much doubt it.

Edited by Con

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

Ok in your opinion did he act with impartiality?, I don’t care either way as it happens, I still think the comparison he made was utterly ludicrous, his role or position will not change that for me. 

No, and it’s not the first time he’s done it, so have many more BBC employees and freelancers, they didn’t get suspended because they were in support/agreed with government policy. Organisation’s like the Beeb can’t have one rule for one and another rule for others. That would be impartial.

11 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

No, and it’s not the first time he’s done it, so have many more BBC employees and freelancers, they didn’t get suspended because they were in support/agreed with government policy. Organisation’s like the Beeb can’t have one rule for one and another rule for others. That would be impartial.

Genuinely Eggs would you not say that the BBC tends to display a left leaning bias the vast majority of the time. Not sure why con/citizen smith  feel the need to put up a laughing emoji, it was a genuine question directed at yourself.

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I totally agree, this subject is about Lineker and what he tweeted, and it’s a political decision to suspend him. The beauty of it is, he doesn’t need BBC/license payers money, Sky/ITV would have him in a heartbeat, so he can tweet what he likes. The fact that no other commentators stepped in speaks volumes.

Agree to disagree there are loads who came out in solidarity other commentators may value their jobs more and do not have the bank balance lineker does.