Yell advertising , is it worth it ?

Newtons

Do Not Use Yell!!!! I speak from experience when I say that nothing it as it seems with this company. There is a group claim against them for mis selling products, and i was stung by them for many thousands over the years not realising that it was a total scam. Thankfully I was guided in the right direction by the group leading the claim against them and thanfully had ALL my money returnedby my bank( complicated but worthwhile when your talking 7.5 k) There is a functioning and very worthwhile group on F/book called I Hate Yell.com that will explain all in a far more succinct way than I can.... DO NOT USE YELL.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Grassyass said:

I don’t miss the direct debit I guess I’m  optimistic the next call I get might be a great job not another sales call ,🤣

Its worth looking at I Hate Yell.com, as its highly likely you've been mis sold products unbeknown to yourself. You may be too late, but I dug deep and with the help of this group got all my Money back.

• Like 3

I used them back in the day because my Yellow Pages advertising sort of morphed into them.

I realised they were shit, and massive liars.

I cancelled my direct debit and they threatened to take me to court for £1500.

I told them I would welcome a court appearance and would defend myself as I had plenty of evidence of them being lying scum.

Funnily enough I never heard from them again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yell is dire. I left them a few years ago because the service was atrocious and many mistakes) but they still harangue me, making out as if my listing is still live and just needs upgraded for free, so generous of them.

I used to have my website through Moonfruit, which then had to chuck it in because it relied on a program called Flash. Yell bought up all the licenses and said it would transfer the website content to Wix for free. Then it said no editing would be allowed for 4 months. Then it lost my website, deleted it completely. I only found out because a potential client called me, said he got my numebr off someone but couldn't find my website to check me out. Website had been gone for nearly 2 months! Who knows how much business I lost? So I paid someone local to do me and host me a new website. Then Yell started pestering me for website hosting fees. Then appointed a debt collection agency to pursue me and threated court action. 20 letters I got. I think they have finally given up.

Total amateurs. Can I coin a new word for the english language? "Cuntrustworthy".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm glad for the input of everyone here, 

A man from Yell.com called me up last week to try and get me to pay to list my business there and was extremely pushy in trying to get me in on it, and said it was all wonderful etc in getting leads

There's nothing I hate more than a pushy salesman so I declined. I might have gone for it if not for that experience, so I feel good/vindicated in my decision.

It isn't targeted marketing, and sounds like the people working there are terrible in many others' experience too..

Edited by Cordata
  • Like 2

Just to repeat many comments on this thread,they got hold of me years ago-pushy salesman/expensive etc.Glad I didnt go down that road!Frankly,if  you're in the place of being newish/keen to drum up business etc.Print out a couple of hundred flyers,give up an evening or so distributing them locally,from then on word of mouth will swiftly do the rest.

• Like 2