advertising scam ......again

plippy

had a call today from a so called company, telling me he was a copper and that would i like to advertise in their magazine that goes round the police stations and that the money went to a charity.

when i questioned wot charity and that if this was true then wouldnt you have a charity number, he started to hesitate a bit. i recently spoke with garth mc garth about a similar scam so i was a bit unsure about it when i got the call, as you can imagine this guy got it rite in the neck from me, i just went mental on him, telling him basically wot he could do with his advertising.

Unfortunatly guys their are mother frackers out there trying to swindle us out of wot money we try to earn. please vigilant and keep ya wits about ya, i normally say ' send me an email with all ya details on and il think about it or you could just go mental on them down the phone and i would imagine they wont call back.

my thanks go to garth mc garth for telling me his experience, hope ya learn from mine

It's like you get these people saying they are from x council and would you like to advertise in the book that goes out to all the people putting planning apps in... no your not from the council.. rack off mate

And while we are at it.. as you say the charity mob... just leave me alone, I have work to do!

I got scammed by this when i was first operating. I never signed anything just agreed on the phone for them to call back to maybe place an order next thing i had the order come through with a crap cheap ad it was called onthebell magazine.

Well i stalled to pay as i never wanted the ad just showed interest got threatening letters the works i paid to shut them up but IMO

watch out for callers asking you to advetise in onthebell magazine.:sneaky2:

I had a call last month from a man claiming to be from the police wanting to see if we are interestead in adverting in a drugs awareness book. I lied and said that the person you want to speak to will be in the following day. He asked for their mobile number and I said I was unable to give this out so he said he would call the next day. Phew I thought, then my mobile rang I aswered it and it was the same bloke. Not so patient this time round I told him where to go and there was a couple of f words in there. He was very angry by this and called me a c### and hung up the phone. 1 minute later he rang me back to make me aware that I had a speeding fine and that i was a w#####! I was unaware of the procedure of a police man phoning you to first sell you a advertising slot, then go on to call you all the names under the sun and then go on to tell me I had a speeding fine. I felt very pleased with myself. He must of been really annoyed to call me back the 3rd time and come out with that little gem.:thumbup:

Yes Mark He did

Had him before.

All polite until I said I'd do it if it wouldn't cost me anything.

His twang kicked in as he exploded with 'Oh yeah, and I suppose you'd cut my trees down for f*** all?' Really aggressive like.

Not nice, swearing, so I suggested perhaps we could meet up for a gentlemanly sparring session and he hung up.