All terrain or Mud tyres for 2wd

briscoe

13 minutes ago, Peter 1955 said:

A neighbouring farm fitted duals on a tractor in much the same way. Don't know if he had problems with it. Looking at that, I wonder if equivalent flotation type tyres might have worked well? The Agribuggys I used to drive were on Land Rover running gear, with tyres about a foot wide. I really miss my old LDV Convoys, dual rear wheel drive beats the snot out of a front wheel drive Transit, I can tell you! 

I had duals 12x38 on the county for a while, ten foot wide but good on sidling ground, lots of problems from rocks and branches getting trapped between the wheels.

At low speeds the tyres never get hot but on the road I can see it becoming a problem with no gap between.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peter 1955 said:

A neighbouring farm fitted duals on a tractor in much the same way. Don't know if he had problems with it. Looking at that, I wonder if equivalent flotation type tyres might have worked well? The Agribuggys I used to drive were on Land Rover running gear, with tyres about a foot wide. I really miss my old LDV Convoys, dual rear wheel drive beats the snot out of a front wheel drive Transit, I can tell you! 

Yes running on treadlights.

On 17/03/2023 at 20:55, openspaceman said:

...or cooling

There is a wee bit of gap.....there's a 12mm spacer between the rims....never had any issues,they don't touch when heavily loaded nor get even remotely warm....run at fairly high pressures in them but all our work is never 30mins from the yard, does no motorway work and very rarely sees a dual carriageway!

Run it like this for nearly 7 years without any issues.... only issue we had once was we got a builders cordless drill stuck between them and it ripped a sidewall🤣 

• Like 1

On 17/03/2023 at 07:48, Mark Bolam said:

Are those rears fixed together?

No🤣 there is a wee gap between them believe it or not and a 12mm spacer between the rims in there too.

They're 235/75/16 with a commercial load rating.

There's a fair bit of wind in them to be fair but they've never actually touched together.

Used to be on 205/75/16 but during lockdown these were the only replacement tyres we could find,granted a bit bigger but traction for a transit is great 🤣

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

More than enough. Never flex with the pressures in those trust me... run daft tyres for several years and never had any issues. Keep em pumped up hard and truck on.

29 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

No🤣 there is a wee gap between them believe it or not and a 12mm spacer between the rims in there too.

They're 235/75/16 with a commercial load rating.

There's a fair bit of wind in them to be fair but they've never actually touched together.

Used to be on 205/75/16 but during lockdown these were the only replacement tyres we could find,granted a bit bigger but traction for a transit is great .the last two pictures are of the older van we recently sold.the diamond tread were by far the best gripping tyre on a van ever but the load ratings wernt enough,that said even with those we never had any issues with them whatsoever and never any issues on mot or anything like that.as stated we work out in the sticks,don't do motorway nor dual carriageway work with either of these tippers and never a problem for country lane and farm work.granted no doubt I'll get sh1t on here for load ratings,clearance etc but if you don't try these things to see what works for you then how do you learn? Not suited for urban or city slicker arborists but works perfectly well for us.

🤣

Screenshot_20230318_211848_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230318_212144_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230318_212154_Chrome.jpg

Edited by [email protected]
Wrong picture!
  • Like 1