Royal mail

Kimosabi

WWW.STATISTA.COM

The operating profit of the Royal Mail Group did not follow a stable path, and it mainly experienced dramatic ups and...

But dubious about your postie, RM was designed to be a spread the costs.

The urban areas paid for the rural deliveries effectively provided a universal service. If I remember correctly it was the allowing franked mail at 2-3p profit that damaged the service, think it was mandelson in the 2000s.

Plus it's probably a bit like the old toyRus, knew a manager they made all the years profit in two months. Rest of the year they could barely pay the electric bill.

Edited by GarethM

1 hour ago, GarethM said:
WWW.STATISTA.COM

The operating profit of the Royal Mail Group did not follow a stable path, and it mainly experienced dramatic ups and...

But dubious about your postie, RM was designed to be a spread the costs.

The urban areas paid for the rural deliveries effectively provided a universal service. If I remember correctly it was the allowing franked mail at 2-3p profit that damaged the service, think it was mandelson in the 2000s.

Plus it's probably a bit like the old toyRus, knew a manager they made all the years profit in two months. Rest of the year they could barely pay the electric bill.

I honestly don't know the facts, I was just passing on what he was saying 

I got the impression it was the postie's striking against thier bosses , trying to hurt the public to prove a point I guess 

9 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I really don’t agree. I have actually spoken with my local postie and it’s primarily not about pay but an erosion of working conditions. A serious erosion. Why should they put up and shut up or leave?

There’s a 🤡 here that keeps spouting about how nurses signed up for their working conditions, well Posties have not signed up to have their contractual working conditions worsened. 
The RM has been ran into the ground since it’s been privatised. That’s not the fault of the Postie is it? They have every right to strike. Not just to ensure they keep the working conditions they signed up for but also to ensure their wages rise with inflation (at least) so they are not in effect being forced into a pay cut. 
If the RM cannot survive keeping the Posties in the same (or better) working condition’s they have now or can’t afford to pay their workers a wage that meets inflation (or better) then they deserve to fold and allow other private companies to compete in their monopoly.

If you are not happy in your job leave and get a job elsewhere, even clowns do that 

Just now, Kimosabi said:

If you are not happy in your job leave and get a job elsewhere, even clowns do that 

If you’re alone in your views on employment than that’s certainly the most viable option. If you’re unionised and find a significant percentage of the workforce is not happy at the proposals then you have the option to fight to ensure the working conditions you sighted up for are not eroded in the name of even more corporate profits. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

If you’re alone in your views on employment than that’s certainly the most viable option. If you’re unionised and find a significant percentage of the workforce is not happy at the proposals then you have the option to fight to ensure the working conditions you sighted up for are not eroded in the name of even more corporate profits. 🤷‍♂️

Or just get a better paid job