Toasty gloves.

Mark Bolam

Yve Clark from Clark Cut and Climb kindly sent me a pair of these gloves to trial. I've got really poor circulation in my hands, so I was probably a good guinea pig?

Willow to repollard yesterday, on-and-off snow and sleet. Ugly conditions.

Gloves were excellent to climb in, plenty of dexterity for ropes and crabs.

The job took 4 hours in total, and my hands were toasty until the last half hour, when they started getting cold because the gloves were soaking.

This could easily be sorted by having a couple of dry pairs to rotate into to cover your whole day.

Don't know about durability yet, but I think they'll sell for less than a fiver a pair, so anything over a week would be a bonus IMO.

Thanks a lot Yve.

I'm off sledging now!

IMG_0059.jpg.732c3f2f58504130b3093edef38887fa.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg.4d936f2ca278dc404731950b7622d481.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the positive feedback Mark :001_smile:

Good to know that they have been put through their paces and still kept your hands warm in such cold/wet conditions. It's the fleecy lining that does the work in keeping your hands warm and the nitrile coating will keep the wet out. Moisture will of course seep in through the ventilated back, but for them to keep you dry up to the last half hour of work is impressive. Our lads are using them for handling freezing cold steel and they are the best gloves they have used in that price range for keeping their hands warm and offering grip. And as you say, the hi-viz yellow cuff stops you losing them! They are also machine washable at 40 degrees.

£4.95 + VAT per pair.......orders being taken :sneaky2:

i still have the seal skin ones yve sent me in November, they are still in great condition and are used daily, i rotate 3 sets of gloves now, i have my huge thermal fluffy mits for those freezing standing about moments like log splitting and doing the hiab, my sailing ones(gill) for log throwing and general rough use and the seal skinz for climbing and working the saw, they all lie on the floor of the van with the blowers on them so there is always a dry pair.