You work how many days a week??... 🤔🌳

KateH

You work how many days a week??... 🤔🌳  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How many days a week would you prefer to work given the choice?

• 0 (😂 really?!)
    • 1-3
    • 4-5
    • 6-7
  2. 2. How many days a work do you usually work in a typical week?

• 1-3
    • 4-5
    • 6-7
  3. 3. Are you happy with the number of days you typically work?

• Yes
    • No

Hi all! It's great that people are still voting, thank you 😊. There have been some interesting comments and it seems that an overwhelming majority of you would be happy to work up to 5 days a week with a bias towards 1-3 days. In reality the majority work 3-7 days a week and currently just under two thirds of you are happy with your working week.

It all seems faily logical and I guess those who are least happy are those who have too many days work and not enough time away from work.

I really like @Big J's approach of solving the problem through collaberation (above message posted Thursday 24th at 08:39). 

Have you got any other thoughts about rebalancing life in favour of a better work life balance?

Thanks in advance, Kate 😊

Arbtalk questionnaire 2 25.11.22.PNG

@KateH
One good thing about this job, compared to say the building trade, is our old friend ‘job and knock’ which means that for many (most?) firms you get a job to do and if you finish the job early, you finish work early, down the pub or on the sofa or whatever you like.

This rewards guys who hit it hard for the first few hours, then cruise to the finish line.

I can’t remember the last late finish we’ve had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

@KateH
One good thing about this job, compared to say the building trade, is our old friend ‘job and knock’ which means that for many (most?) firms you get a job to do and if you finish the job early, you finish work early, down the pub or on the sofa or whatever you like.

This rewards guys who hit it hard for the first few hours, then cruise to the finish line.

This .👍

Edited by Stubby
  • Thanks 1

If you’re self employed running your tree firm then ‘work’ never ends unless you shut up shop completely for a week or 2.

Many aim to be out working with a team or two at least 5 days a week,Saturday’s are often set aside for grinding odd stumps out by yourself,

And with these days of short daylight Sundays are quoting days,out n about  getting more work in , and heading towards your first million.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oldwoodcutter said:

If you’re self employed running your tree firm then ‘work’ never ends unless you shut up shop completely for a week or 2.

Many aim to be out working with a team or two at least 5 days a week,Saturday’s are often set aside for grinding odd stumps out by yourself,

And with these days of short daylight Sundays are quoting days,out n about  getting more work in , and heading towards your first million.

I don’t mind dicking around on a Sunday in the workshop, but I never talk to clients or do visits on Sunday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

@KateH

With it being dark just after 4 every day now feels like a late finish?

• Thanks 1

Nice to see votes still coming in 😊

Not so nice to see the number of you working 7 days going up... but maybe that's @Mick Dempsey style and more are happy with that than aren't? I'll keep checking in... partly to share graphs as I'm excited I've remembered enough about excel to do them after all these years 😆 I clearly need to get out more! Kate

Arbtalk working days survey results.JPG