Towable log splitter

J M Tree Services

Hi all, thinking of buying a log splitter but can't decide on what to buy.

There doesn't seem to be much choice out there compared with the US market.

I really like the machines made by Eastonmade in Canada but way too expensive to import, I know there is a company in the UK that supply them but again way too much compared with others available.

So, I've been looking at Rock machinery's 22ton and 35 ton splitters.

ROCKMACHINERY.CO.UK

After many conversations with both customers and professionals we all agree that the venom 22ton is one...
ROCKMACHINERY.CO.UK

The Venom 35ton Pro-Elite is designed for professional, heavy duty, commercial and domestic...

Also been thinking of Hartnett in Ireland

WWW.HARTNETT-PRODUCTS.IE

40 Ton Promo video on Biteable.     €2695 including VAT (€2190 excluding VAT). Ideal for the...

I can get the Hartnett imported for the same cost as the 35ton Rock machinery one.

So, what are people's thoughts? Has anyone used/own any of these machines?

Is there anyone local to Bath Bristol area that is willing to let me try out their splitter?

I'll say most of us will say rock machinery.

Cheap and reliable, but we'll probably also say they are towable around site, not so much road legal as they don't have a light board etc.

22ton should be more than enough.

Edited by GarethM

1 minute ago, GarethM said:

I'll say most of us will say rock machinery.

Cheap and reliable, but we'll probably also say they are towable around site, not so much road legal as they don't have a light board etc.

Its more the fact that they don't have proper wheel bearings , only plain steel bushes .

I literally only ever drag mine out by hand, as it's a backup.

It all depends on what he's doing, but guessing it's a first time into splitting.

I always fancied a diesel from MDL in the beginning over ten years ago, just looked a bit crap at the time on the pipework compared to the rock machinery petrol.

Eastonmade do look good, until you look at the size of engine and realise it'll drink petrol.

Edited by GarethM