Past it???

Ben10

12 hours ago, john87 said:

Ok, if it were me, i would forget all about working on trees. Get yourself the licences to inspect for bats and then you will be able to rob people blind to inform them nope, not a bat in sight, never saw one, but this is the sort of tree/building/etc they like, so you can kiss your planning bye bye unless you pay me to come here every few months for years on end when i "might" say it is ok..

john..

Deserves post of the week that John. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, john87 said:

Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for your advice.. On the electician forums you get loads of people that have spent thousands to be "Part "P" qualified" only there is no such thing, part "P" is a building reg, nothing to do with you being an "electrician" Similar sort of thing i guess??

john..

Similar ish I do feel like lantra should

be more definitive about the fact it does not qualify you to do anything. Re part p -if you don’t do your due diligence ahead of handing over the money you’re asking for it (Funnily enough when I left school I did get my electrical qualifications).

I did like your original comment though the ecology industry is awash with money and not a lot of experts to go

around - company’s will happily charge clients £65 ph + expenses to oversee dormice/newt habitat removal, providing feild surveyors who have never seen either of the species 🤣

Edited by JLA1990

10 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

So what’s your experience in Arb, Forestry and working alongside Ecologists which make your opinions valid?

Ohh I’ve got a good one , same ecologists who have stoped me working on three different sites now , costing time and money so they can claim there fee with  ridiculous statements about the trees containing bats had a large ash tree split and hang up over there staff car park, when I pointed out that it had about 20 bat boxes in and there was no way I was touching it. I was told it was fine as they were registered handlers, absolutely amazing I said because you have cost me 3 days works with the wages of 9 people , it was not fine then was it. 
some of the most retarded ideas I’ve seen on wet land sites for development and forestry … how the hell any of them got a degree is beyond me. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Ohh I’ve got a good one , same ecologists who have stoped me working on three different sites now , costing time and money so they can claim there fee with  ridiculous statements about the trees containing bats had a large ash tree split and hang up over there staff car park, when I pointed out that it had about 20 bat boxes in and there was no way I was touching it. I was told it was fine as they were registered handlers, absolutely amazing I said because you have cost me 3 days works with the wages of 9 people , it was not fine then was it. 
some of the most retarded ideas I’ve seen on wet land sites for development and forestry … how the hell any of them got a degree is beyond me. 

That’s a tree safety issue where the risk to human life overrides ecology issues, you don’t need me to explain that one to you Matty.

I have worked alongside Ecologist who really know their stuff and get the bigger picture, I’ve also worked with wet behind the ears imbeciles who haven’t got a clue, same with most trades.

11 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

That’s a tree safety issue where the risk to human life overrides ecology issues, you don’t need me to explain that one to you Matty.

I have worked alongside Ecologist who really know their stuff and get the bigger picture, I’ve also worked with wet behind the ears imbeciles who haven’t got a clue, same with most trades.

Really because they stopped me from working on a willow over a school playground and class room that had split in half and was hung up over a class room …. Absolute waste of my time for 4 hours listening to some twat read me my rights for disturbing a supposed bats nest in the tree, how fi king dare they over ride the parking of there cars over Childrens safety , any way there was more chance of them using my arse crack as roost than this particular tree, still made me lower out every bit so they could inspect for bats though.. again a compromised tree with no rigging or climbing anchor points.. waste of space and opinion. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

So what’s your experience in Arb, Forestry and working alongside Ecologists which make your opinions valid?

I never claimed i was an ecology expert or any other kind of expert.. Do not even want to be TBH. The OP came on and asked for business ideas related to trees, so i came up with a very good one.. Problem with that??

john..