Aspen 4 + stihl oil or Motomix?

HDAV

10 minutes ago, Johnkv said:

Ok so I took my stihl fs111 to the repair shop as it wouldn't rev and die away back to idle, I was told it needed a carb clean and a retune, that was fine but when I asked him did he retune with the gas mix I had in it when I brought it in as I was using aspen, he got the mads and said not to return to his shop again if I was using aspen! When I asked why, he just bluffed me off saying it's only suitable for "some chainsaws" and it was wicked expensive! Use normal petrol he claimed, I said we now have E10 petrol he just shrugged his shoulders at me. I allways understood aspen was the bees knees of fuel to use in a machine God knows I researched it enough before using it!! Thoughts anyone? 

I think any alkeylate fuel is better than petrol . I started with Aspen but now use Husqvarna's version . I use the 4 stroke one and mix at 50:1 with Redline Racing 2t oil . ( which I considere to be the best ) .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I think any alkeylate fuel is better than petrol . I started with Aspen but now use Husqvarna's version . I use the 4 stroke one and mix at 50:1 with Redline Racing 2t oil . ( which I considere to be the best ) .

I'm still using aspen, I don't know why the guy got the hump over me using it..

I love (hate) those shop owners that start the week with a target of how many people they can belittle, usually wrongly. The gun trade is appalling for it. I called round a few shops and smiths the other day to get a very, very ordinary operation performed on a rifle. Half of them I might as well have told I was going to get their daughters pregnant with black, labour voting triplets. Or even said something disparaging about their dogs. Miserable bastards. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5