Try Aspen fuel in your business with our money back gaurantee

Aspen@AAOIL

22 hours ago, Aspen@AAOIL said:

Whilst we generally recommend that people should stick to one type of fuel and not swap between the 2, there should never be any issues swapping back to regular fuel after using Aspen as alkylate fuel will not harm the seals or rubber parts in the same way as regular unleaded will.

if a machine runs badly on alkylate after running pump fuel, its generally a sign that a rubber component or a gasket has failed within the carburettor. Switching back to pump fuel will cause these parts to swell again and the machines will continue to run but it should be seen as a sign that those parts are close to failing anyway.

This is part of the reason why we recommend that a business should trial Aspen for 3 months as it will give them time to have any machines sorted that do play up.

It should be noted that whilst problems can arise when switching to alkylate fuels, it is pretty uncommon and shouldn't be considered a worry when starting a trial. You only here of the bad stories and none of the good ones and we know from experience that it is rare that issues should arise.

This would all be covered during the discussion stage when a business signs up to take part in the trial :) 

I see what your saying, but I’m not sure that is always the case in reality. Besides, if you have a fleet of saws etc that are maintained and running well, your not going to be best pleased if you switch for a ‘trial’ and end up with repairs to make. Whatever the reason folks should at least be aware of that before changing is all I’m saying. As I said, it was only one saw for me and I have no need/intention of changing from pump fuel so it wasn’t really an issue, but if you had it happen to multiple machines you would have to factor the repair costs in at least.  

Edited by Sam Davison

On 14/11/2022 at 19:18, Sam Davison said:

I see what your saying, but I’m not sure that is always the case in reality. Besides, if you have a fleet of saws etc that are maintained and running well, your not going to be best pleased if you switch for a ‘trial’ and end up with repairs to make. Whatever the reason folks should at least be aware of that before changing is all I’m saying. As I said, it was only one saw for me and I have no need/intention of changing from pump fuel so it wasn’t really an issue, but if you had it happen to multiple machines you would have to factor the repair costs in at least.  

Hi Sam,

If you have a fleet of well maintained machines, you should have no issues in switching to Aspen fuel for the trial and switching back to pump fuel at the end should you so wish. As part of the trial, we will discuss any possible issues with the company involved beforehand and also be available to discuss any issues that might occur during the trial in conjunction with their local stockist/repair shop.

Fully understand your concern but the chances of a machine not running correctly after switching to alkylate fuel from pump fuel is so low that it shouldn't be a concern for any business looking to take part in the trial.