Low pitch roofing sheets

Squaredy

I notice that in Australia there are special roofing sheets designed to cope with ultra low pitch roofs (as low as 1 degree in fact).  Does anyone know of such a product available in the UK? 

I am wondering about the options for my garden room (that I am building), which is going to have a slope of just 2 degrees.

I am aware that traditional wisdom is that this is too low for corrugated steel - but if the Australians can do it, why can't we?

WWW.LYSAGHT.COM

Rib-and-pan roofing and walling

Ironically the company that make this Australian product is an offshoot of a firm that used to be based near me - at the Orb steelworks in Newport.

12 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

2 degrees would probably be fine if you can do the run with one sheet. Its joins where leaks become a problem with water running up under it IME

All in one run is no problem, and I was thinking I would use a sealing strip; to seal where the sheets overlap, and indeed to probably overlap two or even three corrugations.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

I’m about to install a large flat roof on my house and am going to follow this thread with interest.
TATA have a product called colourcoat urban (I think) but it doesn’t work on the limited pitch you are aiming for apparently. 

I have just looked up Colourcoat Urban (now called Catnic urban) and as you say it is only intended for a slope of 5 degrees or more.

42 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

All in one run is no problem, and I was thinking I would use a sealing strip; to seal where the sheets overlap, and indeed to probably overlap two or even three corrugations.

At the gutter end you may find the drips run back under the sheet a bit and dont drip from the end. You could  run a line of sealant on the under edge to stop this happening. I should add I have only done very low angle sheets on log sheds so not the same quality as required for a garden room

28 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

At the gutter end you may find the drips run back under the sheet a bit and dont drip from the end. You could  run a line of sealant on the under edge to stop this happening. I should add I have only done very low angle sheets on log sheds so not the same quality as required for a garden room

Yes I agree I have experience of this drip back.  I get it quite a bit on a roof here at my work site which is around 5 degrees, so yes I was planning on putting some sealant or similar under the edge so the drips behave themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squaredy said:

Yes two overlaps should be enough, I have an extension with a low pitch, about 2 degrees on my bubble meter, it has clear  PVC corrugated sheets and if one gets partially blocked then in heavy rain it can dribble over. I have attempted a sealant on the inner ridge overlap but sweeping debris off (mostly moss from the adjacent roof) is the most effective.

I think the PVC has 5 or more years life and if I am still around will replace with corrugated polycarbonate, like on my log store, and two overlaps.

2 hours ago, Squaredy said:

Also need to seal at the 'top' of the roof.

As shallow as that water could easily blow back up the roof and leak at the high end.

• Like 1