Modern trucks are an enigma !

Stubby

18 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

Is there any possibility that you've sorted the problem but the warning light just needs reset?

If there's any likelihood of that being the case you could try disconnecting the battery for a while and then re-connecting it.

Might not work but at least it would be simple compared to flogging around the roads like a testosterone charged young fella.

No . It revs freely in 1st and 2nd but tugs back in the taller gears .

6 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

Again, any possibility that it's doing this itself via the ECU because the system hasn't been reset?

Is that a possibility ? I duuno  The DPF light is still on . I suppose I need someone with a Launch X431 Pro code reader .

2 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

Car or bike, it's always worth disconnecting the battery terminals for an hour when there's an electrical problem.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but it's not much hassle to try no matter how small the odds of it working.

Maybe google* it first?

*- other search engines are available.

Ok I just " search engined " it and it seems on older vehicles this does sometimes work but on newer stuff ( mine is 2021 ) it does nothing other than make it that you have to reset things like the pre set radio stations and the clock and in some cases potentially damage  stuff . This from Google .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Ok I just " search engined " it and it seems on older vehicles this does sometimes work but on newer stuff ( mine is 2021 ) it does nothing other than make it that you have to reset things like the pre set radio stations and the clock and in some cases potentially damage  stuff . This from Google .

Yeah, that's entirely possible too, they're always finding more ways to limit your options.

Sneaky buggers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coppice cutter said:

Yeah, that's entirely possible too, they're always finding more ways to limit your options.

Sneaky buggers!

Well coppie , you could be onto something . When I switched it off yesterday it was still displaying the symptoms I described above . I have just driven to Midhurst and back for no reason other than to do some more DPF clearing and it was spot on right from the start . It seems to have , over night , regained all of its 237 dobbins .  The DPF light is still on but it performed faultlessly !  It is having an oil change and filter this week so I will ask him to clear all the codes then . I will adopt a different style of driving . Rather than squeaky pinch on the mpg I will leave it in one or maybe 2 gears lower for a given speed than I would of done in my old D40 nav .  Tried a bit of this just now and to be honest it did not seem to make much difference to the mpg reading .  Fingers crossed .

• Like 3

Son-in-law has an Isuzu pickup of some variety which has become the default dogsbody vehicle for all of us and it plays up a bit from time to time. But it's usually not too long until there's a trailer load of sheep/cattle/something else behind it which facilitates it being given a good caning, and that's it back on the straight and narrow for a while.

But they also kept my daughters wee Civic after they were married and he uses it for a lot of the short runs, checking stock, going to his work, and such like. Apart from the amount of fuel it saves, it also keeps the Isuzu away from a lot of the sort of thing that would be causing DPF issues.

Their 'good' car now is an XC60 and so far there's been no such issues with it, and I'm pretty sure it'll probably have a DPF as well. But it's a right lump of a thing and only a two litre so maybe works a bit harder?

Not sure.

Diesel vehicle for the road is something I'll never have anyway.

Anyways, I'd still drop a battery terminal off for an hour just to see what happened.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2022 at 06:11, Stubby said:

I have done this on my old truck ( 2 trucks back ) It was a filter of some kind imediately after the exhaust manifold . I removed it drilled it all out and replaced it . I also blanked off the EGR . It went a bit better but smelled like an old diesel but of course no electronic warnings on that old one . . If I did what you are suggesting above would it still pass an MOT ( in 3 years time ) and if there was no DPF would not the partials just block the CAT further down the line ? It already has a Tunit box and blue tooth power pedal that sharpens the throttle response and ups it from the stock 190HP to 237HP . 

depends what mates you have at the garage 

it's better to just completely gut the dpf and put it back on so visibly you can't see any changes 

• Like 2