Free logs wanted

Phil450

On 01/09/2022 at 18:09, trigger_andy said:

Ill happily give logs away, if they happily give an equal amount of time equivalent in return. Those that claim to be poor and unable to pay also seem very quick to turn their noses up at actually grafting for the logs.

You're a bit far away from me but.....I'd do that if needed and if the logs were delivered (to collect them from my local tree surgeons tip, 20 minute round trip for a car boot full, another 10 minutes cleaning the boot of tree bits (got a newer car this week.. it will stay clean till then end of September), and what, 10 car boots to a tipper load, 6 hours of collecting, almost quicker to give you a hand for a day!)

As for 'free' - yup that would be great but it has to be mutually beneficial to everyone, if you were close to my drive on the way to your usual tip site (East Kilbride by the way......) it might make sense if your work day is shorter for it, or if you need to get back to finish the job. Drive half way across the county to mine for free doesn't make sense, and you might want me to chip in for petrol money and driving time.

Got to be realistic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steven P said:

You're a bit far away from me but.....I'd do that if needed and if the logs were delivered (to collect them from my local tree surgeons tip, 20 minute round trip for a car boot full, another 10 minutes cleaning the boot of tree bits (got a newer car this week.. it will stay clean till then end of September), and what, 10 car boots to a tipper load, 6 hours of collecting, almost quicker to give you a hand for a day!)

As for 'free' - yup that would be great but it has to be mutually beneficial to everyone, if you were close to my drive on the way to your usual tip site (East Kilbride by the way......) it might make sense if your work day is shorter for it, or if you need to get back to finish the job. Drive half way across the county to mine for free doesn't make sense, and you might want me to chip in for petrol money and driving time.

Got to be realistic.

Im not a Tree Surgeon so don’t need to cart waste around. But even if I was with the extremely higher demand for firewood just now I really can’t see how it’s not worth carting back to the yard. Arb waste is a commodity that’s currently in high demand. Since those that are out with cap in hand begging for it has gone though the roof of late it would be prudent of those that generate it to expect a return on this sought after byproduct. 

Sales of green Arb waste have spiked on Facebay and Gumtree of late. It’s only going to increase, as it should. 

I don’t know if any other industry that does not have a buyer for its byproducts. Arb may be late to the game but I think 2022/2023 will be a game changer. 

And maybe Arb will start to climb out if the minimum wage pay banding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I don’t know if any other industry that does not have a buyer for its byproducts. Arb may be late to the game but I think 2022/2023 will be a game changer. 

A lot of the 'industry' already does have a market for arisings, it's really not a new thing.

All arisings from our site work goes back to the yard, chip either runs the kiln or is sold locally for biomass, everything else is logged or milled and sold.

We're often asked for wood or chip on site but the answer is always sorry, we sell it.

Edited by Doug Tait

Just now, Doug Tait said:

A lot of the 'industry' already does have a market for arisings, it's really not a new thing.

All arisings from our site work goes back to the yard, chip either runs the kiln or is sold locally for biomass, everything else is logged or milled and sold.

What a surprise you’d be the cant to pick holes in my reply. 🙄

I knew some twat would but I’m glad I got the shortlist right. ;)

Anyway, I’m sure you are the leading edge in what you are selling. Bully for you. I guess you’re already ahead of the curve. 🙄

Just now, trigger_andy said:

Anyway, I’m sure you are the leading edge in what you are selling. Bully for you. I guess you’re already ahead of the curve. 🙄

Don't be ridiculous 

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Short list, usual suspects. My life!