One man band - mini digger and attachments

biscovey

31 minutes ago, dumper said:

Personally I run both

7C7A329B-B775-4A02-93F2-39DD816E1DCE.jpeg

9BAADFC5-8E48-48C2-AF02-FF1BF7D682BA.jpeg

6391C3D5-FC31-4863-9773-FF2D82320822.jpeg

are you just man and machine or do you self drive aswell, I did look at the 635, would you say the 520 is big enough, really interested in seeing more, you have definately re peaked my interest in this avenue

32 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

There a reason they are 8k cheaper! I wouldnt touch one with a bardgepole

You might not and I wouldn’t wish to, but that doesn’t take away the fact many are, and making a success of it financially too.

They certainly ain’t 8k cheaper because they’re pure shite, some big players now getting into them.

• Like 1

Just now, LGP Eddie said:

You might not and I wouldn’t wish to, but that doesn’t take away the fact many are, and making a success of it financially too.

They certainly ain’t 8k cheaper because they’re pure shite, some big players now getting into them.

Yup, they are certainly not at the level of Carter! I like the look of them but when I went to look at a luigong 1.8t I really didn’t like it in the flesh. Maybe the Sany will be better. The spec is good- twin aux on rockers as standard. 

2 minutes ago, doobin said:

Yup, they are certainly not at the level of Carter! I like the look of them but when I went to look at a luigong 1.8t I really didn’t like it in the flesh. Maybe the Sany will be better. The spec is good- twin aux on rockers as standard. 

I think the Sany certainly is in front at present with their offering, it’s telling when they’re even coming into John Craig’s for conversion work and he’s surprised just how well they’re put together.

Not many get to see just what metal really is in the undercarriage etc, but no hiding in his workshop after the gas axe has been through it.

I generally don’t even comment on base machines now, everyone has a favourite brand, very little between them, and the scales of paying more to get more residual value, work very much the same as paying less, for less return.

This class of machine mentioned really is as tight as you can get, so many options and let’s be honest, the best ones are a squeak above legal to tow, but nobody particularly worries about that.

• Like 3

Buy the 1 that’s closest to you with the best salesman/back up.

Simply email them all with specific instructions, what you want and what answers you require before they even pick up a phone to you, who ever does that the best.  Use them.

That’s the only reason I moved from Cat to Bobcat.

I tried for 4 years to replace the CAT and every time I got fed up with the process, 1 email to Bobcat on a Sunday night and 2 emails later I had ordered the machine by 10am Monday morning , better specked for about £10k cheaper and a salesman who will pick up the phone and makes the whole experience a pleasure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

I think the Sany certainly is in front at present with their offering, it’s telling when they’re even coming into John Craig’s for conversion work and he’s surprised just how well they’re put together.

Not many get to see just what metal really is in the undercarriage etc, but no hiding in his workshop after the gas axe has been through it.

I generally don’t even comment on base machines now, everyone has a favourite brand, very little between them, and the scales of paying more to get more residual value, work very much the same as paying less, for less return.

This class of machine mentioned really is as tight as you can get, so many options and let’s be honest, the best ones are a squeak above legal to tow, but nobody particularly worries about that.

A salient point made, is the residual value will be so much lower. Place near me is selling ex hird diggers for more than they paid for them, but they are kubota dont think these chinesium ones will fair quite so well

6 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

There a reason they are 8k cheaper! I wouldnt touch one with a bardgepole

Exactly my thinking (or how I thought?) been looking at the options for a while now and as you say 2nd hand are generally fetching more than new even 2 or 3 years old because they’ve a long lead up period for new and in short supply.
The Sany 27 comes with 2 services ready  for a grab/ rotator, up-grade another make without and add cost to base machine? And without having to switch from one to another? 5 year warranty sounds attractive except for some reason doesn’t include injectors? Hired one in a couple of weeks ago to clean out some awkward reach ditches and it performed no different to any other machine. Fitted with a Yanmar engine and I’ve never had a problem with other equipment fitted with them.

What also as got  me thinking is that some expensive Stihl saws I’ve got come with carbs made in china. Also take a look at your new ish?  vehicles fitted with Bosch alternators?  chance’s are it’s made in china? Aren’t some Bobcat’s  made in France, Cats made in Eastern Europe 😳. Not many years ago no way would I buy anything made in France - the country that make cars with stupid looking funny suspension cars😂

59 minutes ago, dan blocker said:

Exactly my thinking (or how I thought?) been looking at the options for a while now and as you say 2nd hand are generally fetching more than new even 2 or 3 years old because they’ve a long lead up period for new and in short supply.
The Sany 27 comes with 2 services ready  for a grab/ rotator, up-grade another make without and add cost to base machine? And without having to switch from one to another? 5 year warranty sounds attractive except for some reason doesn’t include injectors? Hired one in a couple of weeks ago to clean out some awkward reach ditches and it performed no different to any other machine. Fitted with a Yanmar engine and I’ve never had a problem with other equipment fitted with them.

What also as got  me thinking is that some expensive Stihl saws I’ve got come with carbs made in china. Also take a look at your new ish?  vehicles fitted with Bosch alternators?  chance’s are it’s made in china? Aren’t some Bobcat’s  made in France, Cats made in Eastern Europe 😳. Not many years ago no way would I buy anything made in France - the country that make cars with stupid looking funny suspension cars😂

Cat mini diggers made in China cording to cat