New Harness for old Willans user.

Mesterh

Go to a trade show or climbing comp and try as many as you can, no one person is the same shap or has the same climbing style. On your hit list, sliding bridge, adustabilty, tool carring. Try not to let cost in to the equation, a chosie made by cost will be a compramise. The best harness for you is the one you don't think about when you are wearig it, ie the most confrtable. It will pay you back every day you put it on.

Good luck.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i doubt if it will last 12 years like the willans, loler inspection or not.

12 years:scared: I would'nt want my harness to last that long A: it would mean i'm not working hard enough, and B: I could'nt wait that long to buy that latest greatest super ergonomic harness that will make me climb so much faster and in more style than my last.

Much better than the old willans "nappy" I bet

It was abit like a security blanket :D

12 years I would'nt want my harness to last that long A: it would mean i'm not working hard enough

Lol yeah your probably right but the older I get the less I wanna do :D

I could'nt wait that long to buy that latest greatest super ergonomic harness that will make me climb so much faster

I wish! Tbh some of the worst climbers I've seen have all the latest gadgets hanging from there harness, somehow they hope it will improve there climbing!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I gotta say I'm sry I bought this harness now:cussing:

Cant get the thing to be comforatable, In the words of my brother "This was designed for a woman"

Unless there is some magic adjustment that i havent figured out its either going on ebay or I'm gonna get an OP and be called Susan!

Cant get the thing to be comforatable, In the words of my brother "This was designed for a woman"

Unless there is some magic adjustment that i havent figured out its either going on ebay or I'm gonna get an OP and be called Susan!

Mesterh - are you doing the 're-arrange of the crown jewels' bit before you set you harness ?

Go to a trade show or climbing comp and try as many as you can, no one person is the same shap or has the same climbing style. On your hit list, sliding bridge, adustabilty, tool carring. Try not to let cost in to the equation, a chosie made by cost will be a compramise. The best harness for you is the one you don't think about when you are wearig it, ie the most confrtable. It will pay you back every day you put it on.

Good luck.

Alex, this is some of the best advice a climber could ever get.

The question is NOT 'what is the best harness'.

You gotta try a few out. Not by feeling it in your hands but wearing it for a bit in the tree.

There is no 'best harness' we all are way too different in how we move and our body shapes.

A good example is to think about the different types of cars.

Here is a car that some would not be caught dead in. But for others, it is the best

http://www.therockalltimes.co.uk/2002/02/25/trabant.pub.html

trabant.jpg.8058ae24680539b167a90d2a3630054d.jpg

Mesterh - are you doing the 're-arrange of the crown jewels' bit before you set you harness ?

Lol yeah i tried that but they seem to have a life of there own and move about as im climbing and end up in a not a very nice position :scared:

Alex, this is some of the best advice a climber could ever get.

I did try the harness on and also threw a rope over a beam in work (I could return the harness if it didnt feel right aslong as it was kept clean)to try being suspended in it, It seemed comfy at the time it is only when moving about in the tree that it starts squashing bits that i would rather stay intact :(

For that reason i think trying one on at an arb show wouldnt give a true reflection on how the harness would be when using it properly. It's like when you tune an 020 in the workshop, it only starts cutting out and playing up when its actuallly being used. :bawling:

Lol yeah i tried that but they seem to have a life of there own and move about as im climbing and end up in a not a very nice position :scared:

Ouch....:scared:

I hope you manage to resolve the problem.

Maybe someone on abtalk might be interested in your harness - so that you can try another?

I'd say its highly unlikely you have the harness set up all wrong....this isnt just a pull on and go style harness, it sits different to previous designs. i'd suggest you dont give up on it, rather contact the designer, i'll pm his address